Esteemed Contributor

Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

In Jackson MS, a little girl who had been attacked by three pit bulls, lost her right eye and had the right side of her face paralyzed, was asked to leave a KFC Restaurant because her face was "disrupting the customers". She wore a patch over her eye area, and had a beautiful face and a beautiful smile. It went out on social media, and KFC has apologized and is investigating the incident. They said that kind of action would not be tolerated, and that no matter what their investigation finds, they are donating $30,000 to the child for her medical bills.

If a restaurant employee did tell them to leave, I hope they were fired immediately. They should never be allowed to work in that kind of environment again.

Super Contributor

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

This story is 3 or 4 days old. It has been all over the internet.
Super Contributor

On 6/16/2014 ~moxie~ said: This story is 3 or 4 days old. It has been all over the internet.

But it hasn't been discussed here yet that I know of. You know, mox.....the hands make a suitable cushion for one's derriere at times......

Trusted Contributor

Is there any proof that this happened? I read KFC is investigating. Who's investigating how this child was allowed to be mauled by pit bulls at her grandfather's home?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 ~moxie~ said: This story is 3 or 4 days old. It has been all over the internet.

Maybe you should be there instead of here.....

Honored Contributor

It may have been poofed, I'm not willing to villify KFC just yet........

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 adelle38 said:

Is there any proof that this happened? I read KFC is investigating. Who's investigating how this child was allowed to be mauled by pit bulls at her grandfather's home?

The attack happened in April while Victoria was visiting her grandfather's mobile home in Simpson County, Mississippi. Three pit bulls burst into the home and mauled Victoria, covering her body with injuries head to toe. Victoria's grandfather, Donald Mullins, fatally shot two of the dogs, WAPT reports. Mullins and his girlfriend, Rita Tompkins, were later arrested on child endangerment charges.

Regular Contributor

I just saw this on our local news tonight...They were interviewing the grandmother and she stated that her and her granddaughter were asked to leave KFC as her granddaughter's appearance was making it difficult for the other customers....I just can't imagine something like this happening!....It was also mentioned that KFC is offering $30,000 to cover medical expenses for the granddaughter.

Honored Contributor

Don't put the little girl through this.....just use the drive thru for a while. It would be a non-issue. SMH.

Super Contributor

On 6/16/2014 sidsmom said:

Don't put the little girl through this.....just use the drive thru for a while. It would be a non-issue. SMH.

I don't think the girl should have to hide because she was brutally maimed by dogs. What if her appearance is always like this? Should she have to hide all her life? There are many people who probably do just that. The problem is not theirs......it's all the idiot gawkers.