Honored Contributor

Tonight Show is the new Wayne's World

I know I'm old, but this is a silly silly stupid show. It seems more like Wayne's World (that too dates me) than anything else. Juvenile and unsophisticated would be two words to describe the mess.

Sorry, I tried, but it seems the humor is lacking in any point most of the time.

At least Wayne's World was stupid AND funny. Sort of.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tonight Show is the new Wayne's World

I don't dislike Fallon exactly but I'm tuning into Dave almost exclusively before he retires. I'm hoping Colbert will be enjoyable.
Esteemed Contributor

I like Jimmy Kimmel. He is funny. I don't watch Jimmy Fallon enough to have an opinion but he is great when he has musical guest on like Justin Timberlake and does things like the history or rap. He is really talented.

I like Stephen Colbert but I like him on his show and in character. I wonder how his new show will be and I will check it out but I think they should have picked another person to host. I don't see it but again, I will check it out and not judge until I see it.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

I don't think I've watched the Fallon show. But I also like Jimmy Kimmel and Craig Ferguson. It will be interesting to see how well Jimmy holds up in the ratings. Maybe this is what the viewers want now? I doubt I would like it either. Old School.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/23/2014 scotttie said:

I don't think I've watched the Fallon show. But I also like Jimmy Kimmel and Craig Ferguson. It will be interesting to see how well Jimmy holds up in the ratings. Maybe this is what the viewers want now? I doubt I would like it either. Old School.

I hear people say Craig Ferguson is funny but to be honest I never watch him. I am usually asleep at that time. Tonight I am up late. Lol... I usually wake up at around 4 for work so that is late for me. I should DVR him.

Do you remember the guy before Craig Ferguson, Craig Kilborn. I used to love him.

I do miss Johnny Carson. He was a funny guy.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Yes, Johnny was for sure the master. We have his DVD's.

I don't think I ever watched Craig Kilborn. I think half the reason I like Craig Ferguson is his accent.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/23/2014 scotttie said:

Yes, Johnny was for sure the master. We have his DVD's.

I don't think I ever watched Craig Kilborn. I think half the reason I like Craig Ferguson is his accent.

YES! A Scottish accent is very sexy!

JFK
Honored Contributor

Didn't Jon Stewart take over for Craig Kilborn? I don't care for the skeleton sidekick on Fergusen. If I'm awake at that hour and don't want to read, I watch Discovery ID...makes the husband nervousSmiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/23/2014 tansy said: Didn't Jon Stewart take over for Craig Kilborn? I don't care for the skeleton sidekick on Fergusen. If I'm awake at that hour and don't want to read, I watch Discovery ID...makes the husband nervousSmiley Happy

Yes, I do believe that Stewart took over for Kilborn on The Daily Show Comedy Central when Craig left for the Late Late Show. I had forgotten about that. Good memory Tansy!

JFK
Respected Contributor

I am not into J Fallons new gig either, but he was great on SNL, I wish he would have stayed there. I am a Letterman fan when I can stay awake.

SNL is so hardly funny anymore either... {#emotions_dlg.glare}