Regular Contributor
My 22 year old daughter and I have ONE day to spend in Nashville on our trip home from Florida. Suggestions on must see or dos in the town. We are not super fans of country music yet I know the town is known for it. We would like to visit grand ole oprey but not necessarily go to a show. I like old houses/ history and she is interested in clubs. Thanks!
Esteemed Contributor

I have never been to Nashville but if I had the chance I would love to see some of the history. I was never a country music fan until I started watching The Voice and am now a fan. I find the music has changed from what it was years ago and even watch the country music awards. I don't know how much you can see in one day but hope you have fun and enjoy it.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor
Try to tour the Ryman Auditorium...beautiful old former church. Also, try to see the Parthenon. Take a stroll up and down a few blocks of Broadway to check out some of the vintage clubs, stores and restaurants. We spent 5 days there in October, and I would love to go back. ENJOY!!
Honored Contributor

The Hermitage is the home of President Andrew Jackson. I was there several years ago and really enjoyed it. This time of year, the grounds are beautiful with all the flowers beginning to bloom.

I'm not a big country music fan either, but still enjoyed some of the related places of interest:
* The Country Music Hall of Fame
* Wild Horse Saloon (awesome BBQ and cornbread with pecan butter)
* The Ryman Auditorium

There are a lot of clubs around town. I have a friend who plays guitar at a few of them. Be aware that you'll be hearing country music at many, if not all, of them. The cool thing is that famous people sometimes show up out of the blue.

You don't have to stay there, but you can walk through the Opryland Hotel just to see what it's like. Quite an impressive property.

Honored Contributor

Bumping for the OP since someone got on here last night a posted to a bunch of old threads, effectively burying the current ones.

Honored Contributor

www.visitmusiccity.com/visitors/tripplanning/tripideas

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

voices.yahoo.com/25-fun-things-see-nashville-tennessee-8059254...

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

If you're going to be there in the evening, a dinner cruise on the General Jackson riverboat is great-includes entertainment! It cruises down the river through Nashville. If you're interested, you can google Nashville General Jackson cruise and get particulars.

Honored Contributor

Have fun. DH and I are going to Nashville on vacation in May. I can hardly wait.

Honored Contributor

LD ... I hope we treat you kindly and you and DH have a wonderful time.