Honored Contributor

Looking forward to Michael Strahan (sp) on GMA

Tomorrow is his debut - I just enjoy him with Kelly.

Hopefully it will bring some life back into the GMA programming.

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking forward to Michael Strahan (sp) on GMA

So he is on 3 shows now? I don't understand the GMA thing. Not that I really care since I don't watch any of it, but why would GMA (a sister show?) try to "steal" him, and why would he do it. I think I like him less now lol
Honored Contributor

He will be on both shows, I believe. Which is fantastic. Both studios are nearby. He is a great co-host. Very considerate, dashing, nice person.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

I like Michael, but as VanSleepy mentioned, he's on 3 shows now. Honestly, I think he's rapidly in danger of becoming "over-exposed". I'm starting to get tired of seeing him almost every time I turn on the television.
Valued Contributor

He will be on both shows but from what I understand, GMA is not a daily thing. I could be wrong about that but I took it that he will be on there a couple times a week and just doing segments, so in other words, not there for the whole show. I really like him with Kelly but not sure I see him as a good match for GMA. I do think it might be overkill, especially since one show follows the other, but it just might work. Time will only tell.

Honored Contributor

He is very cute and funny

I have given up on most of the morning shows, all boring,

(I know that is negative first thing in the morning)

Honored Contributor

I like Michael a lot, but I'm beginning to wonder….just how many people do they need on GMA!!!!!! And where has Amy gone already? I keep switching over to other morning shows, but I'm not fond of any of them.

Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoy Michael however, GMA does not need anymore non-journalists on their show. That is a large part of the problem on this "news" show.

Super Contributor

My opinion is that GMA is worried about what has been done and losing
Sam and Josh so closely together. Then, they've moved the ladies into new slots and who knows how that will turn out.

They know Michael is likeable and are hoping that he will keep some folks tuned in.

Just my opinion. There's just so many people in the morning. It is total overkill.

Edited: And Ginger Zee is not cutting it as a replacement for Sam.

Honored Contributor

On 4/23/2014 ivey said:

My opinion is that GMA is worried about what has been done and losing
Sam and Josh so closely together. Then, they've moved the ladies into new slots and who knows how that will turn out.

They know Michael is likeable and are hoping that he will keep some folks tuned in.

Just my opinion. There's just so many people in the morning. It is total overkill.

Edited: And Ginger Zee is not cutting it as a replacement for Sam.

I so agree with your comment about Ginger Zee. She used to be on the weekend programs and did great. There seemed to be such great chemistry. But on weekday GMA, she seems like a fish out of water. And it always makes me feel that she's not been made to feel very welcome either.

And you're right again….way too many people and very little real news these days. I don't mind a bit of "fl*ff" interspersed with the news, but they doing less and less real news these days, it seems. I fear it's not going to bode well for their ratings.