Honored Contributor

Wow if this is true...Oscar Pistorious

I find it despicable.

<h2 class="article-title">Pistorius denies taking 'acting lessons' before murder trial</h2>

It's a claim that could seriously undermine Oscar Pistorius' credibility on the witness stand.

CCTV reports a spokesperson for Pistorius is denying his client took acting lessons to prepare for his murder trial.

The accusations started when South African columnist Jani Allan posted on her website: "I have it from a reliable source that you are taking acting lessons for your days in court."

Pistorius is accused of murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp last year. CBS reports he admits to shooting her, but says he mistook her for an intruder.

ITN adds throughout the trial, he's vomited and broken down in tears several times. And that's left some, including Steenkamp's mother, questioning whether the emotion is genuine.

But the Pistorius family insists suggestions the track star took acting lessons are flat-out wrong.

An NBC reporter quotes the family's spokesperson, who says: "This type of comment makes a mockery of the enormous human tragedy involving the Steenkamp family."

Others are just as skeptical of the reporter who made the allegation. After all, she does come off fairly biased in her open letter to Pistorius. Calling him, "the latest in a long line of faux heroes," adding, "It's difficult not to burst out laughing while listening to you."

Here's what Allan said to Fox News's Shepard Smith when he pointed out she does have a personal memoir in the works.

SMITH: "Could this open letter be part of publicity for a memoir?"

ALLAN: "I certainly think it will be. I had no idea it would go so viral."

The trial has been adjourned until May 5. If convicted of premeditated murder, Pistorius could face life in prison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

Re: Wow if this is true...Oscar Pistorious

No matter what the outcome of that trial is, his life will never be the same again.

I think he killed her.....and not by an accident.....JMHO.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

Well, nothing would surprise me with this guy. In my opinion he is guilty as sin and I hope he is convicted and sent to prison for the rest of his life.

Honored Contributor

Agreed Lotus and scotttie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I thought he was acting all along...and very poorly.

Honored Contributor

He is sick at that the thought that he might actually pay for what he did. He attacked her in the worst way. Now, he begs for sympathy. Bet she begged, too.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Attorneys always coach their clients.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I sincerely doubt that he took acting lessons. They surely would have realized that if that info got out, it would be the kiss of death in the media. I'm sure he's genuinely crying and throwing up because he killed someone that he loved due to his uncontrollable temper and now he is facing God knows what in a court of law.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

Many high powered lawyers hire ""coaches"" for their clients.... Same thing...

Honored Contributor

Using coaches or profilers is not unheard of in high profile cases. That's how Dr. Phil got his start......