Honored Contributor

Do you believe this story?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

How else did he get to Hawaii?

That's the mystery...

Respected Contributor

I didn't follow the story too closely but they were interviewing someone (a pilot?) who said it is impossible. I tend to go with his opinion.

Honored Contributor

I heard he jumped the fence the night before, then spent the night in the wheel well. The plane took off the next day. It is rather miraculous that he survived the temperatures and lack of oxygen. There are security breeches everywhere.

What's not to believe about the story?

Respected Contributor
On 4/22/2014 lulu2 said:

I heard he jumped the fence the night before, then spent the night in the wheel well. The plane took off the next day. It is rather miraculous that he survived the temperatures and lack of oxygen. There are security breeches everywhere.

What's not to believe about the story?

Those things you mention make it hard for me to believe.

Super Contributor

People HAVE survived by stowing away in the wheel well before, so yes, I believe this story.

Just because it is difficult to survive in a wheel well does NOT mean that it is impossible.

Two entirely different things.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

Someone said the temps drop to about 80 below zero. It didn't sound like many believed someone could survive 5 hours in those conditions.

I don't know what to believe...

Honored Contributor

There have been doctors on the news reports saying he survived because he was young and healthy, and went into a state of suspended animation. He wasn't in good shape when they saw him emerge from the wheel well. What other explanation could there be? We know this has been done before, but I think they've all died.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

Yes.

Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor
On 4/22/2014 NoelSeven said:

There have been doctors on the news reports saying he survived because he was young and healthy, and went into a state of suspended animation. He wasn't in good shape when they saw him emerge from the wheel well. What other explanation could there be? We know this has been done before, but I think they've all died.

There ARE cases where people have SURVIVED after stowing away in the wheel well.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.