Super Contributor

birds on porch problem solved - with this!

found this product on the walmart site and it has worked!!! i put some out a few days ago and no more birds and their little mess all over my porch!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Bird B Gone

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bird-B-Gone-MMTBG-10-Oz-Transparent-Bird-Gel/21903473

Esteemed Contributor

Re: birds on porch problem solved - with this!

Where did you put it? Is it sticky or does it smell?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

yes it is very sticky! you can't put too much or you could end up with a bird or two stuck! but there is no smell at all.

just enough for them to get it on their little feet and not like it. and you put it wherever the birds are a problem. i had to climb a ladder and put it in the corners of my porch where i saw them and their little mess they left!

Respected Contributor

Another thing that works really well for us is to put down a rubber snake or two. Works like a charm.

Honored Contributor

It has a warning to keep out of the reach of children so it's probably harmful to birds. I'd rather put up with the little mess and have birds than take a chance on harming them.

Respected Contributor

I was thinking that too OR, I bet it is poisonous.

(reminds me of the time my sis had a gecko stick to the fly tape when she lived in Hawaii, her hubby peeled the little guy off but he still died) {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Respected Contributor

I'm sure if the product is made for repelling birds, it will do just that and won't harm them. It's probably designed to make visiting your property a bit unpleasant so they won't be inclined to return.

I would check the internet for product reviews just to be sure.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

This stuff is awful. Please read the Amazon reviews. Birds get stuck in it. It can glue their feet to their bodies and they die

Super Contributor

On 4/22/2014 scotttie said:

Another thing that works really well for us is to put down a rubber snake or two. Works like a charm.

You know I have done that, and it worked at first- but eventually the birds get "wise" to it...

Super Contributor

How can something sticky be called a ""repellent""?