Trusted Contributor

Powdered alcoholics drinks are coming...

A company called palcohol.com is seeking approval to sell powdered alcoholic drinks that only need water to become actual booze. I think the idea is crazy and opens numerous doors to problems. I'm not against drinking...I enjoy a good margarita now and then...but I think the potential for misuse and abuse is huge.
Honored Contributor

Re: Powdered alcoholics drinks are coming...

My niece was talking about this today, imagine what the schools and colleges will have to deal with?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

That's what I was thinking of. High school kids.

Honored Contributor

Right, especially kids. Just buy a soda at an event and add powder. Easy enough to hide a little pouch or the contents of.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

I have a difficult time understanding the company's thinking behind this.

According to their website, their founder says, Palcohol is a "great convenience for the person on the go."

One package weighs about an ounce and is small enough to fit into any pocket. It's not just for the sportsperson. Palcohol can be transported in your luggage without the fear of bottles breaking. In any situation where weight and breakage is an issue, Palcohol provides the answer. That's why we say, "Take your Pal wherever you go!"

They are even thinking of making a food additive version...you add alcohol to your favorite dip! I'm afraid I just don't get it.

Respected Contributor

On 4/21/2014 madzonie said:

I have a difficult time understanding the company's thinking behind this.

According to their website, their founder says, Palcohol is a "great convenience for the person on the go."

One package weighs about an ounce and is small enough to fit into any pocket. It's not just for the sportsperson. Palcohol can be transported in your luggage without the fear of bottles breaking. In any situation where weight and breakage is an issue, Palcohol provides the answer. That's why we say, "Take your Pal wherever you go!"

They are even thinking of making a food additive version...you add alcohol to your favorite dip! I'm afraid I just don't get it.

it's cheaper........think of the savings in packaging and for just the cost of bottles alone.....not to mention it's probably a lower production cost as well....................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

Actually, not a bad idea. For adults, of course.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I read the full article. You can snort the powder for a buzz.

Imagine 80proof Pixie Stix for your kids.

Valued Contributor

i'll try it, for research purposes.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

I wonder what would happen if you added it to, say, 80 proof vodka? I think the potential is there for alcohol poisoning & it probably wouldn't take much.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}