Respected Contributor

I Missed "Mad Men" Last Night. Can anyone fill me in?

Easter threw me off schedule, I guess.

Was it a good episode?

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

Re: I Missed ""Mad Men"" Last Night. Can anyone fill me in?

Way too much happened to post on here ........... yes, it was a very good episode!

I think you can watch online.

Respected Contributor

On 4/21/2014 Hooty said:

Way too much happened to post on here ........... yes, it was a very good episode!

I think you can watch online.

Thanks, Hooty! I'll have to see if AMC has the episode available online.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

Looks like I have to register for an online acct with my cable provider and then use that log in to watch the episode. I'm not comfortable doing all that.

I guess I'll have to catch the rerun early next Sunday morning.

- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Trusted Contributor

I thought this was one of the single worst episodes ever as it was little more than scenes from someone's life with no real point. Don't read if you don't want to know.

Peggy was the twit of the hour. She wants some work done that weekend by the guy with the beard (I never pay much attention to character names), and he makes it clear that she doesn't have any plans for Valentine's Day. She enters the office and sees flowers on her secretary's desk and assumes they're for her and takes them into her office. The secretary tries to tell her that they're NOT for her, but she cuts her off. She calls the married guy she was involved with but leaves a message when he's not available. She goes more and more around the bend while wanting the guy to disappear from her life, and she takes the flowers out to her secretary's desk. Later on, she wants her to get rid of the flowers, and she's informed that they never were hers to begin with. Peggy blows up that she's embarassed her and such, and she goes to the redhead to tell her to dump her somewhere else in the office.

Don is still the usual sad sack, and he has nothing to do. He's the ex wife that you still have to pay alimony to as one character says. Sally has gone off with some of her school friends to the funeral for another friend's mother. None of them really cared, it was just a way to get out of school, and they'll go shopping on the way back. She loses her purse, ends up going to Don's office, and oops, he's not there. She goes to his apartment, and he says he was at work.

The older executive that always shoots down Peggy's ideas is infuriated that he had to deal with Don's daughter at the office, and he wouldn't have had to do so if his secretary had been at her desk. She was off getting a present for his wife, and she makes that point quite clear when he's demanding that the redhead move/fire her as well. Another secretary admits that she's happy to have her job, and she doesn't even have time to clear her desk.

There's something in here with Pete and his realtor girlfriend/whatever, but I didn't see the point of anything they had to say. So much so that I can't even remember their scenes.

Don is getting company info from the fired/moved secretary of the loudmouth, but she can't get him everything he wants.

It looks like the redhead may finally be getting somewhere in the company as she does seem to save the day on a regular basis.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

blahblah - Thank you!! That was a great recap. Much appreciated.

- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

My daughter's MIL watches it, she said last night's episode was terrible.

Regular Contributor

I thought it was a very revealing episode. Truth telling comes to the fore. Don and his daughter, Sally, have a heart to heart, and they become much closer. All the partners act out, the secretaries take the brunt of the partner's anger. No one is sure of their place in the company, setting up for future episodes. Don is facing his future, with the rest of the partners.
Super Contributor

At least Dawn got a promotion to head of personnel - replacing Joan.

Honored Contributor

On 4/21/2014 Dagna said:

At least Dawn got a promotion to head of personnel - replacing Joan.

Who is Dawn not sure of which character she is

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.