Honored Contributor

Are any of you having problems on these forums today????

I have cleaned out my computer and there are no problems.....says my computer is 100%.

So, it has to be a problem on the Q boards. Those darn squiggly things keep turning and turning and turning.

Don't know how many times I have had to get out and sign in again, and even when I try to do that am having problems.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are any of you having problems on these forums today????

None here - yet. Smiley Happy It's actually as fast as this website ever gets, for me. I'm on an older computer right now but, like you, I also keep my computers well maintained and clean.

Regular Contributor

It's very s l o w for me. I went to sign in to reply & I was already signed in, that part has me worried a bit. Every other website has been fine. I hope this reply makes it.

Honored Contributor

Well, I guess it must be the Q......Has to be......

Almost makes posting no fun any more. It is ridiculous to have to always sign out and sign in to post......

Super Contributor

Could be your virus scan running in the background, or maybe windows is downloading an automatic update in the background. Both will make your computer run slow until they are done. Both running at the same time will make things very, very slow.

Honored Contributor

No Lyn.....They always let me know when they are scanning or downloading. They do advise me. I get a little box in the bottom of my screen when they are doing that.

Honored Contributor

On 4/20/2014 Abby Grace said:

It's very s l o w for me. I went to sign in to reply & I was already signed in, that part has me worried a bit. Every other website has been fine. I hope this reply makes it.

Yes, it made it. That would have me worried too.

I have even completely shut off my computer to reboot.....nothing different.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes this board is painfully slow for me, yet at those times it's not for others so I don't know if it's some kind of server thing or what. This is probably the wonkiest of all websites I frequent. You never know what you're going to get. Sorry it's slow for you today. It will probably be slow for me tomorrow. Smiley Happy Or 5 minutes from now - never know.

Valued Contributor

When your computer is running very slow has anyone opened their resource monitor to see what disk and/or network activity is taking place? There are a lot of programs that run in the background, particularly system and security programs, that hog resources and slow down the computer.

Respected Contributor

nope, no problems. Could be that your OS and/or browser is really outdated.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames