Honored Contributor

Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host On GMA

NEW YORK, April 18 (UPI) - Good Morning America

Spencer joins Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos as co-hosts.

"A key member of our on-air team, Lara Spencer, rejoined ABC three years ago - bringing her style, humor, sunny confidence, wonderful journalism and storytelling to GMA," he said in a release. "Lara is clearly an essential ingredient in the success we have enjoyed and I am so pleased to announce that Lara has been elevated to co-host of the program along with Robin and George."

Spencer joined GMA in 2011 as the show's lifestyle anchor. Her new deal will net her $3 million a year.

The move comes after news reader Josh Elliot left the show last month and Sam Champion departed in December.

If it's true as previously reported here, that Amy Rohr despises Lara and has no respect for her, she must be about to be fit to be tied now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Re: Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host On GMA

I hope all goes well for Laura. So tired of the cattiness on those morning anchor shows.

Honored Contributor

Good for Lara! We watch GMA every morning and we like her. Good for her for negotiating a great deal for herself.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

On 4/20/2014 kachina624 said:

NEW YORK, April 18 (UPI) - Good Morning America

Spencer joins Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos as co-hosts.

"A key member of our on-air team, Lara Spencer, rejoined ABC three years ago - bringing her style, humor, sunny confidence, wonderful journalism and storytelling to GMA," he said in a release. "Lara is clearly an essential ingredient in the success we have enjoyed and I am so pleased to announce that Lara has been elevated to co-host of the program along with Robin and George."

Spencer joined GMA in 2011 as the show's lifestyle anchor. Her new deal will net her $3 million a year.

The move comes after news reader Josh Elliot left the show last month and Sam Champion departed in December.

If it's true as previously reported here, that Amy Rohr despises Lara and has no respect for her, she must be about to be fit to be tied now.

i thought the exact same thing when i saw it!! as they say "business is about to pick up!" at GMA!{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

So? She gets a raise, good for her. But it means nothing to the viewers. It's not like anything will change.

Respected Contributor

Good for her....I always enjoyed her on air personality. I don't understand why all the hate.
"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for Lara Spencer or watch GMA so it doesn't affect my viewing. I watch CNN mornings. Good for her.

Respected Contributor

Well, I am absolutely not returning to GMA now.

Super Contributor

Ever since she joined, I stopped watching my two favorite REAL hosts, Robin and George. That's what I talk are true hosts.

Nevertheless, I have then started to watch CBS with Charlie Rose and Gail (Oprah's friend) and another terrific co-host on their circle of 3 and am extremely happy about that, as they don't dance around and have hard news, besides, bringing it with humor. And always have loved Charlie Rose's 1-man show on PBS at 11.

It is beyond me what people think about this woman, but for me she is super annoying.

Happy Easter - if you celebrate it!

Magenta