Respected Contributor

I was catching up on my recorded episodes of Dr Oz and heard about these for the first time today. I was never one to buy lemons or even look at them at the grocery store. Whole Foods didn't have them today but I will keep checking. They are a combination of mandarin oranges and lemons and one can eat the peel too (organic) and supposed to be very tasty and of course healthy to eat.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ever hear of Meyer Lemons??

That's one thing I miss about living in California. I took those lemons for granted. When we first moved to the SF Bay Area, I'd pick a lemon from the yard and take it to school with me. I'm surprised I have teeth today. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

We had a Meyer Lemon tree years ago. Years ago it went to Lemon Heaven. Delicious. I haven't had any luck finding a good Meyer Lemon Tree around here, when I occasionally think about looking for one.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Yes, Just Bee, Dentists/hygienists often say that acidic foods (fruits, juices, etc.) are the absolute worst for keeping teeth cavity free. I always ask various ones, and that's what they all say, anyway. Just keep brushing our teeth afterwards.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

Yes. I love meyer lemons. They are more expensive than regular lemons are, but so worth it. Do buy organic if possible.

Honored Contributor

Yes I've heard of them.

Super Contributor

Many of the lemon trees here are Meyer Lemons.

I almost don't know what a regular lemon tastes like any more.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my goodness, YES. Grew up on them in Northern California. They are sublime!!!

If you haven't tried cooking and/or baking with lemons, regardless of type, I would highly recommend it. Pure heaven!

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone!! Can't wait to taste one!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Meyer lemons are sweeter than regular lemons. They are readily available here in Northern California.