Contributor

Can anyone recommend a really GOOD, comfortable pillow? Are the memory ones any good? I have a kinda "foam" one now, but it's time for a change. I know the "My Pillow" hasn't gotten many good reviews... my sister has one and doesn't like it too much. Her DH gave it to her, and she doesn't want to hurt his feelings by getting rid of it. Any and all advice is really welcomed. Thank you in advance!!

Honored Contributor

Good luck is all I think I can say on this. I think new pillows are the hardest thing to buy. I know I just got 2 new Northern Nights down pillows, and was very fortunate to get them because they are fantastic......but then, some folks are really against buying down pillows.....

Esteemed Contributor

I had so much trouble waking up with headaches from lying too high on pillows. Just couldn't bring myself to lay down flatter. Anyway, a couple of years ago I bought a memory foam one from Costco for $20. Not the traditional pillow, but it has "waves" in it to support your neck. It took a couple of nights getting used to sleeping "low" and not half sitting up w/ a mountain of pillows, but it is probably the best thing I have done for my overall health. Cannot sleep w/o it, now, and no more neck/headaches in the morning.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Contributor

We got pillows at Aldi's, of all places! We first got one, loved it and bought 5 more; we gave two to our daughter and she loved them too. They are memory foam and are a standard pillow shape, not the "contoured" shape. Availability seems to be seasonal.

Honored Contributor

Tony Little Micropedic. Tried tons of them and this one is by far the best for our family.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I can only use down pillows. I've been buying Martha Stewart down pillows at Macy's for several years. I look for the ones that have been washed several times so there are no allergens in them.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

nm

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Contrary to the OP's opening statement, I have a MY PILLOW, and I wouldn't be without it. Every night when I lay my head down, I get that "ahhh" feeling. My head is cradled and supported, and I no longer have a sore neck and shoulder from shoving my shoulder up to hold a pillow in place. I take my MY PILLOW with me when travelling and I also have a MY PILLOW for the nights I stretch out on the couch. It's the best pillow I've ever used.

Valued Contributor
down pillows at bed bath& beyond
Valued Contributor
I'm a ""pillows cruncher"" I form my down pillows to conform to my sleeping positions