Esteemed Contributor

What will you do on Easter Sunday?

My husband and I are going out to eat for a ham dinner with potato filling, veggies, salad and soup bar included, along with dessert. We have been going to the same place for years and love it. Plus it is very reasonably priced.

My grown children go to their dads family (with my grandchildren and son in law). But Saturday I will see my children and watch my grandchildren for awhile too, AND dye Easter eggs which I am looking forward to!

I should and may try to go to church also. I have not gone for a while because of sitting in the pews on the hard wood, with my back pain. But now that I am on my new meds and theyre helping more I feel as though I need to try to get back to church again (not just Easter but every Sunday). I always felt good going to church and miss it!

Well I hope and pray everyone has a blessed Easter whatever you do.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Re: What are your Easter plans?

In the past, since we have no children DH & I spend most holiday/special days with his brother's family. We started to feel like we were intruding on their family gathering, so we decided to have one of these days to ourselves. We selected Easter to be our stay home day. Last year we included my elderly uncle who has no one.

We make our traditional ethnic meal and just enjoy the day without any stress. If the weather is nice after our meal I'll go outside an do some gardening.

Super Contributor

I may go to the sunrise service at my church, and then will go to dinner at my sister's house later in the day. I never go to the service in the sanctuary as the smell of Easter lillys makes me instantly nauseous. I planned to attend Maundy Thursday services last night, but they had already put out all of the lilly's and I had to leave as soon as I walked in to the building.

Respected Contributor

I'm going to work. Got some cadbury ceme eggs to take along though, so all is good!
Honored Contributor

Our son and his family are at Disney with DIL's family. My father backed out because his wife is being a PITA about the holiday. It will just be the 2 of us. We'll go to Mass and out to eat.

Frosty Babe, I cannot stand the smell of Easter lilies either. (but Stargazer lilies are worse)

Honored Contributor

Down the shore! Yippee! First time in many months.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 lulu2 said:

Our son and his family are at Disney with DIL's family. My father backed out because his wife is being a PITA about the holiday. It will just be the 2 of us. We'll go to Mass and out to eat.

Frosty Babe, I cannot stand the smell of Easter lilies either. (but Stargazer lilies are worse)

Oh my, yes! I have the same reaction to them, or worse. When my parents passed away, I asked the funeral home to remove them from any floral arrangements that were sent prior to placing those arrangements in either the visitation room or church. I would've been miserable if even one made it's way into my vicinity.

Valued Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Ford1224 said:

Lucky you, Ford. Sounds like fun to me and hope you have a wonderful time.

Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Ford1224 said:

I am so happy for you Ford, please have a wonderful time.

I am going to my sister's house to have dinner with her and her husband. I think she is serving ham, au gratin potatoes, green bean casserole, and lemon supreme pie. I will take an orange-pineapple salad. Looking forward to it.

Honored Contributor

Invited to dinner at a friend's house - I am taking strawberry shortcake for dessert - angel food cake , vanilla ice cream, strawberries and whipped cream. Yum. I believe she is making a traditional ham dinner.