Regular Contributor

I have been a QVC customer for over 25 years and that is ending....I had a few orders ordered using easy pay and had a debit card on file. My bank sent out new debit cards because some of their cards were hacked, so all customers were sent new debit cards. I have used the new card and have my new card number on file in my account information. Apparently, QVC's database does not transfer that new information to the easy pay information.....A few of the easy pay offer payments didn't go through because they had the old information, so QVC sent me a letter alerting me to take care of the issue or they would send me to collections. What??????? I was floored at the tackiness the company showed!!!! The old QVC would have been a little classier than this!

Overall, if any of you have run into this issue, you may want to check and make sure that your easy pay payment information is correct so that you don't run into the issue I did. It is sad to see QVC take this route with their customers....

Respected Contributor

That's happened to me as well. I wouldn't hold it against QVC, as it's not their fault. You bought items on easy pay and gave them a particular card and now the card no longer works. QVC doesn't know why, all they know is that you're liable for the charges.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what else you would expect them to do? Do you know how many people close credit cards and debit cards and Q doesn't get paid?

I was issued new numbers before as well and forgot I had easy pays outstanding. QVC sent me the letter and I went in and made the payment. It wasn't a big deal.

Honored Contributor

My bank sent me a new card also after informing me that I had shopped at a store (Target) that had been compromised. With the card and letter they told me that I had to a certain date to change over before they voided the first card. I then went online to QVC, HSN, ShopHQ and every other company that took out automatic payments out of my account and changed my information. This took me about two hours and I haven't had any problems.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

When you have your credit card information on file with the Q you think that's all you need to make the transition but in fact there is a lot of administrative type work you the customer are expected to do. Qvc doesn't want to do it. So, yes everyone must check their easy pay options and make the appropriate changes. Qvc's computer system won't do it for you.

Trusted Contributor

So, you made an assumption that (that a transaction on the new card would automatically switch your easy pays over) and were wrong? QVC alerts you to the problem, and somehow you are aghast and refuse to do future business with QVC. Way to be responsible!

Respected Contributor
On 4/17/2014 KYToby said:

So, you made an assumption that (that a transaction on the new card would automatically switch your easy pays over) and were wrong? QVC alerts you to the problem, and somehow you are aghast and refuse to do future business with QVC. Way to be responsible!

It's only recently that alerts were shown under the easy pay heading certainly not sent to the customer in an email. Also, the alert says "it may need changing" not it does need changing. Obviously an expired card or replacement card from getting hacked does need to be removed and changed.

edited:typo

Regular Contributor
On 4/17/2014 KYToby said:

I am a responsible consumer and don't appreciate your comment.

Everyone has a right to choose who they want to do business with depending on how they are treated as a customer.

Honored Contributor

As mentioned before, it's up to the customer to make sure their correct information is on file.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/17/2014 JaneMarple said:

As mentioned before, it's up to the customer to make sure their correct information is on file.

You're exactly right. It's up to the customer to UPDATE a credit/debit card.