Super Contributor

UPS tracking says, "We'll be out in your area and will deliver your Smartpost package instead of the Post Office!"

I've been tracking a package from HSN and was surprised to see this message!

Respected Contributor

Re: UPS tracking says, "We'll be out in your area and will deliver your Smartpost package instead of the Post Office!"

I got this message from an Amazon order. UPS is up and down my street dailyl.

Trusted Contributor

Re: UPS tracking says, "We'll be out in your area and will deliver your Smartpost package instead of the Post Office!"

I've seen it from Amazon as well.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

I hate when my package starts out with UPS and ends up at the Post Office.

I like UPS.

Honored Contributor

SmartPost used to be FedEx. The UPS equivalent was called UPSMI (mail innovations). Anyway, I guess they changed the name.

I've received numerous packages like this that UPS just kept and delivered. Consequently, I received them a day early. Nothing bad about that! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Why can't they make up their mind?? When USPS delivers, I get the packages at mid day and it's never a day late as some have mentioned on the forums...contrast that with UPS's schedule that is between 6PM - 9PM. The UPS 800 number told me some routes continue delivering until 11:59PM since that is "end of day." Time to buy more brown trucks and hire more personnel, ya think!

Super Contributor

I like that UPS is bringing it! UPS may come later in the day but when it transfers to USPS it adds an additional day or two because it has to go through two post offices after the UPS hub.

Super Contributor

On 4/17/2014 chickenbutt said:

SmartPost used to be FedEx. The UPS equivalent was called UPSMI (mail innovations). Anyway, I guess they changed the name.

I've received numerous packages like this that UPS just kept and delivered. Consequently, I received them a day early. Nothing bad about that! Smiley Happy

Oops! It read SURE POST not Smart Post. My bad.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Super Contributor

Our local FedEx drivers are driving Budget rental trucks, I guess it's cheaper for them! I gotta say they are quick!

Honored Contributor

On 4/17/2014 kaybee said:

I like that UPS is bringing it! UPS may come later in the day but when it transfers to USPS it adds an additional day or two because it has to go through two post offices after the UPS hub.

Yeah, it's very cool when they do that. The only way it affects the customer is that you receive it a day or two sooner. I wouldn't squak about that, either. Smiley Wink hehe

That's how it is here when something arrives in town - it goes from UPS (or FedEx) to the main post office, where it's sorted. Then it goes from there to MY post office. They are pretty efficient here and often it's just a one day deal.