Esteemed Contributor

As a child, what did you think that turned out to be...

way off base.

For example, when I was small my mom would drive and if there was a lot of traffic, she would say "Jesus, who opened the gate?". When I was little I used to think that the streets were gated up at night because of that.

Also, growing up in the 70's and watching tv during that period I thought quicksand was going to be a lot more of a problem in my life than it actually turned out to be. I remember watching Gillians Island and other shows and someone was always getting stuck in quicksand and I thought I would be involved in all types of shenanigans involving quicksand and it hasn't happened once in my 44 yrs! Lol!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Re: As a child, what did you think that turned out to be...

My DH does not have hairy palms.

Honored Contributor

That I would never get married.

Honored Contributor

Quicksand sure was a staple of cartoons. I'm older than you and have not had a quicksand incident yetSmiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/16/2014 tansy said: Quicksand sure was a staple of cartoons. I'm older than you and have not had a quicksand incident yetSmiley Happy

I don't really ever see it anymore like I did in the 70's. It was very worrisome for me.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

That you worked hard in school because the best and brightest got the job/ career.

Honored Contributor

My mother did not want me to wash my hair while I was on my period. Imagine my surprise when I survived after washing my hair in the showerSmiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/16/2014 tansy said: My mother did not want me to wash my hair while I was on my period. Imagine my surprise when I survived after washing my hair in the showerSmiley Happy

Really? I have never heard of that. Did she say why or what would happen if you did wash your hair?

JFK
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/16/2014 traveler said:

That you worked hard in school because the best and brightest got the job/ career.

JFK
Super Contributor

If you ate a watermelon seed, a watermelon would grow in your tummy (so of course I assumed pregnant women had eaten a watermelon seed) or two....