Super Contributor

Sometimes when it is the day before payday and I need gas, I'll only get $20 worth of gas...just interested in making it until payday. But if I am taking a road trip when I stop for gas I always fill it up.

So, why do you think someone on a road trip would not fill up the tank? I pondered that they think they'll need to use a gas station bathroom in the next 200 miles, but no they stop at fast food establishments to use bathrooms. What if I told you that when the trip started everyone put $50 in the kitty for gas and fast food stops, i.e., the person filling the tank is not paying the tab...the group is, would that change your answer?

Super Contributor

Re: Filling up Your Gas Tank

Is this a riddle?

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe where they are traveling to has cheaper gas? I know a town about 15 minutes away from us has gas a good amount cheaper and some people who live in my town will drive down there to fill up their tanks.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I take the bus.

Valued Contributor

Is this about the friend that never offers to drive? The first two things that come to mind is just putting in small amounts in hopes of having some of the kitty leftover or a leak toward the top of the tank.

Respected Contributor

Some gps units now show gas prices along the route. If the price difference is significant enough, the savings for a full tank of gas could be significant.

Respected Contributor

Huh? I'm lost.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

Some people get a thrill playing Russian roulette with the gas tank.

Respected Contributor

I am always afraid I'll hit traffic, or get lost and run out of gas. I top off the tank at every opportunity when on a road trip.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Trusted Contributor

On 4/15/2014 PurpleBunny said: Huh? I'm lost.
Same here...I don't get ""it.""