Valued Contributor

Question about father daughter dance

I have no idea when this is supposed to happen as far as age of the child, so any input would be appreciated. I think it is a lovely idea!

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about father daughter dance

I guess I don't really understand the question.

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't the age of the guests be determined by the organization sponsoring the dance?

Respected Contributor

Since they still do these dances, I hope they allow for non-fathers to attend so the girls who are for whatever reason without a Dad can go.

Honored Contributor

On 4/15/2014 Caravaggio said:

Since they still do these dances, I hope they allow for non-fathers to attend so the girls who are for whatever reason without a Dad can go.

I agree, and nice of you to consider this situation.

Honored Contributor

Hi Caravaggio, Smiley Happy

They call these dances, in my home district, by another name. The young ladies are free to bring anyone who is a positive influence in their lives.

Even back in the Stone Age, when I was in high school, the name was something else. I went to high school in the mid to late 70s. We were encouraged to bring any male with a positive influence in our lives. Most did bring Dads/Step Dads. Some brought grandfathers/brothers/uncles.

Wishing you blessings this holiday season.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

On 4/15/2014 dmod nj said:

Hi Caravaggio, Smiley Happy

They call these dances, in my home district, by another name. The young ladies are free to bring anyone who is a positive influence in their lives.

Even back in the Stone Age, when I was in high school, the name was something else. I went to high school in the mid to late 70s. We were encouraged to bring any male with a positive influence in our lives. Most did bring Dads/Step Dads. Some brought grandfathers/brothers/uncles.

Wishing you blessings this holiday season.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Blessings to you as well dmod ! Sounds like your district was ahead of the times!

o/t last few days have been too muggy at night, looking forward to some cool evenings!Smile

Honored Contributor

This can be very painful for girls who don't have a man in their lives that can step up and attend these kinds of functions. I'm glad that over the years they have expanded to include any positive male figure, but I'm sure there are still some girls left out.

Super Contributor

I thought this topic would be about Father - Daughter dance, at the wedding reception. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Back in my day, there were no dances for fathers/daughters. In fact, the Fathers usually came to our HS dances to "chaperone" - they knew about teenage boys and their roaming hands...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand the question either. Both my daughter & GD attended these in elementary school.