Respected Contributor

To be honest, I don't know what this woman's claim to fame is. I am unfamiliar with her as an actress.

I watch little to no regular television programming. I am vaguely aware of Ashton Kutcher. I don't watch him either! I did see stories with him and Demi Moore.

The news pages online have been replete with many stories about this woman's pregnancy. These two are supposedly "engaged."

I just cannot make myself respect this. Not that they care about my respect!! I think any woman is NUTS to take on this responsibility themselves. Having a husband can make this better for a women. Okay, I hear all the stories about how it's not.

No way would I voluntarily choose single motherhood. And, it's not usually best for kids either. Calling yourself "engaged" does not mean married.

Statistically, having a 2 parent family is a huge boost to success for the children. Just common sense should tell us this.

I do not respect this trend of so many pregnancies without marriage. And that is my VIEWPOINT.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Difference is she has enough money that she can work, play, travel etc. while having a child whether they last or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor
On 4/14/2014 croemer said:

Difference is she has enough money that she can work, play, travel etc. while having a child whether they last or not.

I agree with that.

But, it doesn't make the father be in the picture.

Yes, I can hear it - even if they marry he can still be a bad father. True, but being a husband takes more thought than a live-in or guy with benefits!!

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

Statistically, 50% of marriages end in divorce, (like Ashton Kutchers first one did) so the odds ARE that most women spend at least SOME time as single parents, no matter what!

Respected Contributor
On 4/14/2014 hyacinth003 said:

I agree with that.

Yes, I can hear it - even if they marry he can still be a bad father. True, but being a husband takes more thought than a live-in or guy with benefits!!

I truly believe most children WANT and LIKE their parents to be married.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

She seems to be the 'it' girl these days. She is very cute. I

only know her for doing one of the voices (is it Lois?) in 'Family Guy' and I think she might also do other McFarlane characters.

Honored Contributor

Mila Kunis is a well known actress who has already achieved a lot. Her net worth is $30 million. Her creds are here (from Wikipedia):

Milena Markovna "Mila" Kunis; born August 14, 1983) is an American actress. In 1991, at the age of seven, she moved from the Soviet Union to Los Angeles with her family. After being enrolled in acting classes as an after-school activity, she was soon discovered by an agent. She appeared in several television series and commercials, before acquiring her first significant role prior to her 15th birthday, playing Jackie Burkhart on the television series That '70s Show. In September 1999, she began voicing Meg Griffin on the animated series Family Guy.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor
On 4/14/2014 hyacinth003 said:

I agree with that.

Hyacinth

That may be true in your experience, but It is not neccesarily so- The "Live in" guy stays because he WANTS to, not because he HAS to- same thing with parenting...

Honored Contributor

Her breakout film was in 2008 playing Rachel in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. She was also in Max Payne and The Book of Eli, Friends with Benefits, Ted and Oz The Great and Powerful.

Her performance as Lily in Black Swan gained her worldwide accolades, including receiving the Premio Marcello Mastroianni for Best Young Actor or Actress at the 67th Venice International Film Festival, and nominations for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress and a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Oh wow. I need to see Black Swan. I kind of had it on my mental list of movies I wanted to see, then I forgot about it. d'oh! Smiley Sad