Super Contributor

In Country Living May 2014 issue........only three ingredients...........you will need two perfume compacts and plastic liners in each and you can find them at {ladyofthelockets.etsy.com}. Then mix 1 1/2 teaspoons of jojoba oil and 25 drops of your choice of essential oil.............in a glass; set aside jojoba oil and essential oils you can find at bulk apothecary dot com. Melt 3/4 teaspoon of grated beeswax on low heat in a glass bowl over a double broiler for 5-10 seconds (white beeswax at bulk apothecary dot com} Remove beeswax from heat and stir in the oil mixture. Reheat for ten seconds. Pour the mixture into the compacts, then let cool completely............Surely we could use our favorite parfume and make these.....I think it would be a fun project but I suggest instead of taking the directions I copied from the magazine, please purchase your own magazine because I could have made some mistakes. DO YOU THINK YOU WILL TRY THIS?

Super Contributor

Re: Make your own Solid Perfume

no, I think it's interesting though

Respected Contributor

Probably not but it sounds like fun for those who like projects!

Esteemed Contributor

This sounds like a good idea. My daughter is the crafty one so I will get her right on this to make a batch for me.

Last time I fiddled around with wax my hubby ended up with a couple of scars in places you should not have scars.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

This sounds like a good idea. My daughter is the crafty one so I will get her right on this to make a batch for me.

Last time I fiddled around with wax my hubby ended up with a couple of scars in places you should not have scars.

What were you doing with the wax?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

No.

Respected Contributor

It sounds like a fun project for making gifts for the holidays.

Super Contributor

A good quality essential perfume oil is not cheap, and it is too much fuss for me.

Honored Contributor

I would use organic essential oils and it would take too much experimenting for me to get something I liked-and expensive.

Super Contributor

I would not try this.