Honored Contributor

I chose mine because my life is in transition. I'm also someone who looks "together" on the outside while I'm frantically dog-paddling on the inside.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice philosophy biker! My name Shorty2U is a tribute to my dad. Im not short but it was his nickname for me since way back when I was a kid (and so I was short then) and he called me it all the way up to adult hood. (Thus Shorty 2 U meaning to him) He died 3 yrs. ago. I miss him with all my heart.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

My current siggy is from Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood.

It is comforting to me, a sort of remembrance to the people I have lost.

Q does not allow enough characters to include the line that precedes it, but it really belongs with the verse. It is

What though the radiance which was once so bright, be now for ever taken from my sight

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I first started getting online in 1989 while in grad school. I used to call local "Bulletin Boards". The best name I could come up with back then was my dog's name. Didn't want to use my own name because I wanted some anonymity as I knew most of the users were HS/college guys. Anyway, that's what I've stuck with all this time.

Sorry about your dad, Shorty2U.

-Kalli

Trusted Contributor

Mine is new. It's a phrase I used in a contentious thread here the other day and a few suggested I make it my siggy, so I did.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is because a poster (who is still around, so I won't name names) told me be to back away from the computer and take a time out because I didn't agree with her. She was serious and I laughed so hard I spit coffee at my computer.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/11/2014 Deb1010again said:

Mine is new. It's a phrase I used in a contentious thread here the other day and a few suggested I make it my siggy, so I did.

I'm glad you did as that made me laugh. I used it now around the house and now my hubby used it at work and made his boss laugh.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor
Mine is self-explanatory. I don't think the old days were as good as many people think they were and I look forward to the future Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor
I like your new siggie, Deb1010. It made me laugh the other night.
Honored Contributor
On 4/11/2014 Nancy Drew said:

Mine is because a poster (who is still around, so I won't name names) told me be to back away from the computer and take a time out because I didn't agree with her. She was serious and I laughed so hard I spit coffee at my computer.

I was sternly told that I should take a break a few times by a poster here. Wonder if it was the same one.