Trusted Contributor

Gift ideas for a retirement party (younger guy)

My husband and I are going to his cousin's retirement party tomorrow, and I have yet to come up with an idea for a gift. I am just not good at coming up with ideas. My husband's cousin is around 55 yrs. old, and he is retiring from a PA prison.

He is a real joker, and I am thinking a gag gift might be the best idea, but I just don't know what to get him. Any ideas, please? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Gift ideas for a retirement party (younger guy)

Sue ~ How about a bottle of his favorite spirit and a gag gift?....perfect!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

We had a retirement party for a lady at work recently and the box the gift came in was the talk of the party. I believe it came from Wal-Mart. The box looked like a real product, but wasn't. The box advertised a showerhead attachment that also doubled as a coffee maker. Everyone thought it was real and couldn't stop talking about it. As an example, you could put coffee in the box. It was either called a gag or prank box.

Respected Contributor

On 4/4/2014 graycatsrule said:

We had a retirement party for a lady at work recently and the box the gift came in was the talk of the party. I believe it came from Wal-Mart. The box looked like a real product, but wasn't. The box advertised a showerhead attachment that also doubled as a coffee maker. Everyone thought it was real and couldn't stop talking about it. As an example, you could put coffee in the box. It was either called a gag or prank box.

That's funny. :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

sue98, I found one of the pics on the ThinkGeek website. Too bad the retirement party is tomorrow!

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

A get out of jail, free card.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2014 sailor moon said:

A get out of jail, free card.

Perfect.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, everyone! I love the "get out of jail free card" idea. lol

Super Contributor

I glanced at the pic of the coffee maker/showerhead thinking it was real and what a great idea! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

When you said "younger guy" OP, I thought you meant someone in their 20's or 30's lol, and I was going to suggest season's tickets to his favorite sports team. At any rate, enjoy the party today!