Super Contributor

‘GMA’ Star Lara Spencer Openly Despised By New Anchor Amy Robach

seems like josh's departure is opening up the flood gates on the behind the scene news!

-------------

The cracks in Good Morning America‘s pristine facade are beginning to appear as sudden as the recent departures of Sam Champion, Josh Elliott and executive producer Ben Sherwood.

With Josh Elliott out, Amy Robach was quickly promoted, but she doesn’t get along with co-host Lara Spencer, because she thinks the bubbly blond is all flu*ff and no substance, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Reports emerged on Tuesday that Robach and Spencer don’t get along, and our sources tell us, “That is a major understatement."

“Amy doesn’t get along with Lara at all, and can barely stand to be on the set with her. According to Amy, Lara is a total airhead, and doesn’t have a strong journalism background that merits her being a part of Good Morning America. Amy is no-nonsense, very serious journalist. Lara is the opposite; Amy wishes Lara would go back to reporting for Entertainment Tonight.”

Recently diagnosed with breast cancer, Robach underwent a grueling double mastectomy, and is undergoing chemotherapy, while continuing to work.

During this time, our source said, “Lara never came to visit Amy in the hospital, or even called her to see how she was doing; Robin Roberts, a breast cancer survivor, helped Amy navigate the complicated maze of what doctors to see, and has been a true friend to her during this time.”

As Radar previously reported, Elliott’s ABC bosses were happy to see him jump ship to NBC because of all the drama he created.

“Josh is high-maintenance, and if viewers could see what he was like off the air, people would be truly shocked,” an insider claimed, adding that the former ESPN reporter is extremely insecure and needs constant validation from his colleagues.

Holding the dysfunctional ABC morning news team together is Roberts, according to our source.

“She is the main reason why GMA is number one, period,” the source said. “There was no way ABC was going to let Robin leave when her contract recently came up for renewal. If Josh thinks GMA got to number one because of him, he is totally misguided. The show will continue to dominate in the morning news ratings race, losing him won’t change that.”

Our sources also reveal, George Stephanopoulos “has made no secret that he wants Diane Sawyer’s job, now,” as “he is tired of waking up at 3 a.m. to do Good Morning America, and wants to be in primetime.”

Amidst all the tumult and turnover, the TODAY show is primed “to recapture the number one position,” our NBC insider said.

“There is a very good vibe going on among the cast and crew. It’s only a matter of time before TODAY is back on top, for good,” our NBC insider revealed.

Honored Contributor

Re: ‘GMA’ Star Lara Spencer Openly Despised By New Anchor Amy Robach

Oh my, so sorry to hear this. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

So nobody watches CBS in the morning?

Honored Contributor

Hmmm...Amy does not sound very nice on the face of things. I rarely watch the morning shows. Way too cheery early in the morning for meSmiley Happy
Super Contributor

I agree with Amy. Lara is out of place on GMA. It's turning into a morning version of ET. Too much f[uff.

I admire Amy's courage and grace. She was diagnosed only after prodding by her co-hosts to get a mammogram. I wish her a complete and full recovery. She is my second favorite after Robin.

-edited by sox

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched morning shows in years, no real substance IMO.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

I watch CBS in the morning. Got tired of all the GMA celeb stuff and Lara's perkiness.

Respected Contributor

I like Meredith Veira.

Honored Contributor

I have actually been watching Sam on the weather channel, Today suxx, never watched GMA, used to watch MSNBC but stopped during the election.

There is less and less news, Q looks better

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/3/2014 soxfan said:

I agree with Amy. Lara is out of place on GMA. It's turning into a morning version of ET. Too much f[uff.

I admire Amy's courage and grace. She was diagnosed only after prodding by her co-hosts to get a mammogram. I wish her a complete and full recovery. She is my second favorite after Robin.

-edited by sox

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines