Esteemed Contributor

Do You Think This Is Childish...or is it just Me....???

when the Hosts and Vendors say they "know" some famous star....museum creator...someone who works at the Q. or some other famous person..."we would all know" but they can't say who......wears/uses the item/items....being presented....

example was yesterday....I seen several presentations of the IM Crops...and each time either the host "knew" or IM would say something about how some person just loves his 24/7 but they couldn't say ...

I really don't care who it is...I purchase based on what I like not who wears/uses the item....

It just reminds me of kids in school who say they know a "secret" but can't tell you....

That's what I like about Joan Rivers...she tells you who she is talking about....still doesn't make me purchase...but I do like her honest approach.....

(sorry if this has been discussed before)

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Think This Is Childish...or is it just Me....???

I think it's silly for them to mention it at all. I'm buying for me and I don't care ""who"" else wears them.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Childish. But then I think that's a good description for IM in general.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I think it is a sales technique and I think it is very childish for posters here to think that there is any other reason than selling them something for QVC to exist.
Honored Contributor

BTW - i agree that IM thinks he is cool but in reality he is just immature.
Super Contributor

It's childish. Sorry to the IM fans but I think he's childish in general.Tim Gunn wrote a few choice words about IM being a NOT nice guy & you don't see Tim G dissing people usually

Valued Contributor

I prefer to see childlike -- and I think it is nothing more than a selling ploy...

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Respected Contributor

Pretty much all hosts/vendors on all shopping channels say stuff like this. Drives me bonkers. NO, I don't know who you're talking about. And if you can't say their name then don't say anything and act like I should know who you're talking about.

Valued Contributor

maybe I should start telling people an actor has some of my photos in her collection -- but I can't say who

it is true though....

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Trusted Contributor

IMO it's beyond childish. It's bragging about knowing people and name dropping (without saying the name) and trying to give themselves an air of superiority.

ITA what you (circles) said about Joan Rivers. She says it ALL. lol