Frequent Contributor

For those of you that saw the Modern Family episode where Cam & Mitch go to Costco, and Mitch saying "what is this place" well that was us yesterday!

DH & I have been meaning to go for quite some time and just haven't. $285 and a bulging cart later we're no longer newbies. Actually we never made it to the interior of the store. Only the food items. I was afraid to go any further lol.

BTW we have TP & paper towels to last until Christmas{#emotions_dlg.lol}

What are your best Costco stories?????

Honored Contributor

Pumpkin pies, enough said.

Respected Contributor

We're finally getting a Costco here later this year, and we're definitely going to check it out. We don't generally buy in bulk, but I understand Costco has a variety of different items that we might be interested in.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Going for Pledge and toilet paper...leaving with books, a load of food, some beauty products and maybe a new TV.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Lily1, we don't have a Costco's near us so we shop at BJ's. I have tons of paper towels, tissue, tpaper, spoons, detergent, dishwasher tabs, paper plates & other things put back.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor
On 3/16/2014 croemer said:

Going for Pledge and toilet paper...leaving with books, a load of food, some beauty products and maybe a new TV.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

And a couch, new slippers, printer paper and some new lawn furniture!

Respected Contributor

We are hooked

no great stories, but we have go to items and then there is the impulse buying.

Can't go wrong with their cheeses and meats. Consumer's rates their meats and cleanliness the highest. The paper products and cleaning supplies are great. We get batteries, local eggs, coffee, nuts, and a bread that is okay for me (diabetic). They carry a line of womens pants that can't be beat. Mens jeans and kids clothing are great prices.

There are very few items that have been disappointing. But if you are unhappy they will gladly refund your money, their returns are simple. We do keep receipts for a few days to make sure everything is a go. We buy shorts and jeans for our kids (adults) and if they are they wrong size they can return them.

What kind of things did you buy?

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately I don't live near a Costco, but when visiting my sister in San Antonio, she made a whole morning of shopping there. It was fun.....and by the way the make a fantastic shrimp salad. I could eat that every day......

Respected Contributor

Going in with a list of 3 items and leaving with a full cart and a very long receipt-

Honored Contributor
On 3/16/2014 cody said:
On 3/16/2014 croemer said:

And a couch, new slippers, printer paper and some new lawn furniture!

Ah...I see we have another with Costcoitis. It feels good to know there are more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**