Give Gorgeous
126 Members and 13412 Guests Online

Viewpoints

Do you wear plaid?

Started 1388278203.523 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1388341358.733 by abbeythe8th

Kate Middleton wore a green plaid coat on Christmas day designed by Alexander McQueen. It looked good on her and appropriate. I like red plaids and velvets around the holidays but rarely wear plaid. I have a plaid scarf I like. I think I'll wear it tomorrow.

"I always felt like I was meant to have been born in another era, another time."
~Johnny Depp~ —

Page 1 of 2
ROMARY1388280535.01717081 PostsRegistered 4/28/2010

I've always loved plaid........skirts, scarves, flannel shirts, jackets, hats (berets), loved plaid jumpers when they were in style (and wish they were now), etc.

Yellow Rose

Rooney11388280646.755840 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007White Mountains - Northeastern Arizona

I like plaid, but not on me. I only wear on my flannel PJ's. I do agree that Kate's coats was beautiful.

mgm21388280655.6817850 PostsRegistered 9/15/2012Livin' My Life Like It's Golden

I like plaid. green/navy - red/black/yellow - black/white

Always laugh when you can, it is cheap medicine. - Lord Byron


Missouri H­eartlander1388280677.727252 PostsRegistered 11/19/2013The Show Me State

I have a plaid bathrobe that I love. That has more to do with it's fuzziness than its plaidness.

ShowMe1388280695.6344535 PostsRegistered 9/6/2010Missouri

I have a beautiful Pendleton wool plaid skirt. And every time I wear it, I get lots of compliments on it. The colors are beautiful and have a number of sweaters I can wear with it.

Formerly Fluffy329........

Proud to be from the St. Louis area and LOVE THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS!
Go Cardinals

Happy Shopping and Don't Spend All Your Money in One Place!!!!!

missyw11388280978.9132448 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007
No

EmmanuElle1388281223.7280 PostsRegistered 12/23/2013
On 12/28/2013 ShowMe said:

I have a beautiful Pendleton wool plaid skirt. And every time I wear it, I get lots of compliments on it. The colors are beautiful and have a number of sweaters I can wear with it.

Sounds very nice.

"I always felt like I was meant to have been born in another era, another time."
~Johnny Depp~ —

graycatsru­le1388281688.2735646 PostsRegistered 7/3/2013

I'm not opposed to plaid, but don't have any plaid clothes.

stevieb1388281847.30330111 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

I wear it sparingly, because flattering pieces aren't always easy to find, but yes, I like plaid...

september1388281967.03717500 PostsRegistered 6/29/2007
I can't think of anything I own that is plaid. I don't dislike it, but it reminds me of school uniforms.

sunshine451388281969.36742075 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

no, i dont wear plaid.....it is too conservative for my style.

"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

gazelle771388282208.219905 PostsRegistered 3/1/2013
I may have as a child.

~~Always remember--
You're braver than you believe
And stronger than you seem
And smarter than you think~
~Pooh








ShowMe1388282563.26744535 PostsRegistered 9/6/2010Missouri
On 12/28/2013 EmmanuElle said:
On 12/28/2013 ShowMe said:

I have a beautiful Pendleton wool plaid skirt. And every time I wear it, I get lots of compliments on it. The colors are beautiful and have a number of sweaters I can wear with it.

Sounds very nice.

Yes, it is very nice. It is pleated and the pleats are sewn down for a good distance. I am not a small woman, but this skirt is very slenderizing. And, it doesn't look like any uniform I have seen. And a good looking pair of boots looks fantastic with it too.

Formerly Fluffy329........

Proud to be from the St. Louis area and LOVE THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS!
Go Cardinals

Happy Shopping and Don't Spend All Your Money in One Place!!!!!

Linders Ba­ck1388285255.5578662 PostsRegistered 9/4/2005Second star to the right and straight on till morning.

I'm of Scottish descent, so YES. My clan tartan. Looks a bit like the classic Black Watch.

Just saw the picture of Kate. My tartan is similar with just a subtle thin red stripe added.

Last edited on 12/28/2013

"SHUT UP LEGS" - Jens Voight

occasional­ rain1388285306.717138 PostsRegistered 8/21/2007

I believe Kate's coat was Watchtower plaid. I love plaid and its history. I have a plaid coat, plaid skirts, and scarves.

I wore a plaid pleated skirt in elementary school, it was the uniform at my school.

Mellie331388285390.06269 PostsRegistered 7/10/2013

Yep, love it.

september1388288135.85317500 PostsRegistered 6/29/2007

I have Scottish ancestors, also. I had one grandmother from Scotland, who died before I was born.

How is it that you learn what your "clan tartan" is?

Thanks in advance!

JaneMarple1388288289.6316816 PostsRegistered 5/23/2011Seek respect, not attention. It lasts longer.
On 12/28/2013 september said:

I have Scottish ancestors, also. I had one grandmother from Scotland, who died before I was born.

How is it that you learn what your "clan tartan" is?

Thanks in advance!

September, I visited Nova Scotia this past summer and in various places they had the names and tartan colors displayed. It was very interesting and informative.

Stop fighting over who created the world and fight against the people who are destroying it.

september1388288559.60317500 PostsRegistered 6/29/2007

Jane, I joined ancestry.com a while back...I think maybe you were one of the ones who had mentioned it here? I did the DNA testing.

Everything I got back kind of confirmed what little we already knew about our family. They have sent me all kinds of links for people who might be 5th or 6th cousins.

I'd kind of like to take another track toward exploring some of this, if you or anyone else has any ideas?

I do know that the family on my dad's side came to the US via Canada...so maybe Nova Scotia is a good place to start?

JaneMarple1388288694.8916816 PostsRegistered 5/23/2011Seek respect, not attention. It lasts longer.
On 12/28/2013 september said:

Jane, I joined ancestry.com a while back...I think maybe you were one of the ones who had mentioned it here? I did the DNA testing.

Everything I got back kind of confirmed what little we already knew about our family. They have sent me all kinds of links for people who might be 5th or 6th cousins.

I'd kind of like to take another track toward exploring some of this, if you or anyone else has any ideas?

I do know that the family on my dad's side came to the US via Canada...so maybe Nova Scotia is a good place to start?

They are very proud of their Scottish heritage and can go back several generations.

Stop fighting over who created the world and fight against the people who are destroying it.

Melania21388288710.2174441 PostsRegistered 6/12/2013

No I do not.

serenity4e­ver1388288874.7572543 PostsRegistered 11/4/2013

I love plaid but on other people. I especially like a nice plaid shirt on a handsome guy...{#emotions_dlg.wub}

september1388288969.8717500 PostsRegistered 6/29/2007

Thanks, Jane. I think I'll be in Boston in April or May. Nova Scotia is not too far away?

At least, not if you live in California, where people drive 500 miles to get the hot dogs they like best!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

JaneMarple1388289005.70316816 PostsRegistered 5/23/2011Seek respect, not attention. It lasts longer.
On 12/28/2013 september said:

Thanks, Jane. I think I'll be in Boston in April or May. Nova Scotia is not too far away?

At least, not if you live in California, where people drive 500 miles to get the hot dogs they like best!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Stop fighting over who created the world and fight against the people who are destroying it.

Melania21388289603.164441 PostsRegistered 6/12/2013
On 12/28/2013 serenity4ever said:

I love plaid but on other people. I especially like a nice plaid shirt on a handsome guy...{#emotions_dlg.wub}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Page 1 of 2