TSV(R) Preview
125 Members and 17494 Guests Online

Viewpoints

Isaac and Shawn

Started 1381214991.84 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1389007920.93 by Varnell Foote

I love watching Isaac and Shawn. I know Shawn is not every viewers favorite but I really enjoy watching her. I have noticed several times that Lisa Robertson seems to not like her. Tonight on PM style Isaac mentioned Shawn and Lisa ignored his comment and several times in the past she has done this. Is it me or have you noticed?

Page 1 of 1
stevieb1381231716.330870 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

Actually, while I could certainly be wrong, I think Lisa and Shawn are friendly. Lisa was Shawn's 'mentor' when she first started on QVC and she recently mentioned a social occasion she was at with Shawn and her new husband and she mentioned what a great couple they are.

evelomaddi­ct1381232266.5977225 PostsRegistered 4/6/2013Occupied California

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

In loving memory of Marine Lance Corporal Sean P. Neal.

missy11381237079.80732565 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007
LR is slowly losing her queen bee status. I like both of them.

Last edited on 10/8/2013

LipstickDi­va1381238143.82339164 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio
On 10/8/2013 stevieb said:

Actually, while I could certainly be wrong, I think Lisa and Shawn are friendly. Lisa was Shawn's 'mentor' when she first started on QVC and she recently mentioned a social occasion she was at with Shawn and her new husband and she mentioned what a great couple they are.

I think so too. Lisa posted a photo of Shawn and her DH at a dinner at Lisa's home with some other friends.

Last edited on 10/8/2013

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

physicsnut1381238206.37836 PostsRegistered 8/26/2013
On 10/8/2013 MissyW1 said: LR is slowly losing her queen bee status. I like both of them.
I disagree with you. Lisa R. is great and very professional. I could not say the same for shawn

missy11381239632.12732565 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007
On 10/8/2013 physicsnut said:
On 10/8/2013 MissyW1 said: LR is slowly losing her queen bee status. I like both of them.
I disagree with you. Lisa R. is great and very professional. I could not say the same for shawn
I never said she isn't unprofessional. LR is a great host. Shawn has many fans and is a tad younger.

luvpoos1381239850.756134 PostsRegistered 5/3/2006Kingston Ma
On 10/8/2013 LipstickDiva said:

I think so too. Lisa posted a photo of Shawn and her DH at a dinner at Lisa's home with some other friends.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors, they are sales people and are entitled to have a private life when their show is over. It amazes me how so many people are curious about their personal life. I've watched the same news channel in the morning for many years. Do I think about what they do on their own time. No. Some people just seem to be to obsessed with the hosts.

you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, well you just might find, that you get what you need...The Rolling Stones

stevieb1381241132.5330870 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

No, not at all obsessed with the hosts. Despite the Q's efforts to have us 'like' them and follow them on FB, which, quite candidly is a means both to try to hook us into them and also to induce us to scour their FB pages, which are laden with QVC products, I take just a passing interest in the hosts. I did happen to hear Lisa mention her dinner that Shawn and her husband attended, and have to admit I've been watching QVC long enough to remember Shawn's first 'solo' presentation on one of Lisa's jewelry shows. Lisa was very supportive. Since then, I've noted Lisa and Shawn usually making kind remarks about one another... If Lisa didn't attend to Issac's mention of Shawn, I'd attribute that more to the fact that Issac (though I like him and I like him and Shawn together) tends to get a little talkative and she might well have needed to move him along.

gazelle771381242137.44710026 PostsRegistered 3/1/2013

from experience, it is hard to be one of the longtime employees as well as being older than most employees. You get perks and such from the top that most do not get.... special vacations, treatment from the top... and I think there is a lot of jelousy behind the scenes. As per my job of 23 years... I had weekends off, which ticked most of the other employees off... but it took my being there 15 years to get weekends off!!! The newbies that come and have been around for a year or three just want the old timers to LEAVE. It was part of the reason I decided not to return to my job after my knee replacement surgery. I realized in the three months I was off recouperating that the stress of the job was just not worth it. It was nice not having to put up with the poor attitudes of other employees... of especially one employee who was just a pill to be around. You get to a point in your life where you value your peace more than the few dollars they pay you to show up at a dead end job.

Last edited on 10/8/2013

~~Always remember--
You're braver than you believe
And stronger than you seem
And smarter than you think~
~Pooh

nlwilliams1381249011.0371656 PostsRegistered 5/10/2007

Huh???{#emotions_dlg.huh}

Last edited on 10/8/2013

Skylands1381249584.546512 PostsRegistered 5/30/2010
On 10/8/2013 JackieTexas said:

I love watching Isaac and Shawn. I know Shawn is not every viewers favorite but I really enjoy watching her. I have noticed several times that Lisa Robertson seems to not like her. Tonight on PM style Isaac mentioned Shawn and Lisa ignored his comment and several times in the past she has done this. Is it me or have you noticed?

Really? Get a life lady!

LipstickDi­va1381249639.36739164 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio
On 10/8/2013 luvpoos said:

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors, they are sales people and are entitled to have a private life when their show is over. It amazes me how so many people are curious about their personal life. I've watched the same news channel in the morning for many years. Do I think about what they do on their own time. No. Some people just seem to be to obsessed with the hosts.

Well that's great for you. No one is digging into anything about the hosts. They freely post what they do on FB pages that they encourage people to like and participate in.

If you don't want to look at their pages or anyone's page for that matter, that is your choice but just because others do doesn't mean they are obsessed.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

occasional­ rain1381253429.17717249 PostsRegistered 8/21/2007

Lisa didn't get where she is by showing her true feelings. It's anyone's guess who she likes and who she doesn't like.

missy11381253760.10732565 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007
On 10/8/2013 skylands said:
On 10/8/2013 JackieTexas said:

Really? Get a life lady!

It's called viewpoints.

Helen Bach1381254722.5472626 PostsRegistered 10/20/2009

Shawn and Isaac have great chemistry together

mgm21381254782.2217850 PostsRegistered 9/15/2012Livin' My Life Like It's Golden
On 10/8/2013 Helen Bach said:

Yep, I think he even designed her wedding gown.

Always laugh when you can, it is cheap medicine. - Lord Byron

occasional­ rain1381255124.08317249 PostsRegistered 8/21/2007
On 10/8/2013 mgm2 said:

No. He did not design her wedding gown nor did he attend her wedding. Her gown was designed by Dennis Basso.

mgm21381255190.14317850 PostsRegistered 9/15/2012Livin' My Life Like It's Golden
On 10/8/2013 occasional rain said:
On 10/8/2013 mgm2 said:

No. He did not design her wedding gown nor did he attend her wedding. Her gown was designed by Dennis Basso.

Thank you OR..

physicsnut1381257940.103836 PostsRegistered 8/26/2013
On 10/8/2013 MissyW1 said:
On 10/8/2013 physicsnut said:
I never said she isn't unprofessional. LR is a great host. Shawn has many fans and is a tad younger.

I didn't say that you did, so don't be so accusatory. Shawn, IMO, does not look younger in the face. Good for shawn if she does have many fans, I am just not one of them. She is late 40's trying to act and dress like 19 - doesn't come across very well.

mgm21381258480.3317850 PostsRegistered 9/15/2012Livin' My Life Like It's Golden

Lisa is in her late 40's

Shawn just touched on 40.

luvpoos1381259480.5536134 PostsRegistered 5/3/2006Kingston Ma

Well that's great for you. No one is digging into anything about the hosts. They freely post what they do on FB pages that they encourage people to like and participate in.

If you don't want to look at their pages or anyone's page for that matter, that is your choice but just because others do doesn't mean they are obsessed.

I have never looked at their FB pages, that what I am saying. There is much more interesting things going on in the world.

you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, well you just might find, that you get what you need...The Rolling Stones

winamac11381263777.6431402 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

No, not at all obsessed with the hosts. Despite the Q's efforts to have us 'like' them and follow them on FB, which, quite candidly is a means both to try to hook us into them and also to induce us to scour their FB pages, which are laden with QVC products, I take just a passing interest in the hosts. I did happen to hear Lisa mention her dinner that Shawn and her husband attended, and have to admit I've been watching QVC long enough to remember Shawn's first 'solo' presentation on one of Lisa's jewelry shows. Lisa was very supportive. Since then, I've noted Lisa and Shawn usually making kind remarks about one another... If Lisa didn't attend to Issac's mention of Shawn, I'd attribute that more to the fact that Issac (though I like him and I like him and Shawn together) tends to get a little talkative and she might well have needed to move him along.

ITA Stevie. I'm not in the least bit obsessed with these hosts, and I rarely even go to their FB pages due to many of the reasons you stated. I think the adoration of these hosts on the FB pages (mainly Lisa) is beyond strange. I can count on one hand the # of times I've been to Lisa's FB page. It's too much adulation for me, and I don't like QVC's attempt to force these hosts into "friending" everyone so they can increase their sales. I highly doubt any of these hosts on either channel would ever have an HSN or QVC FB page if it was not for TPTB.

I think Shawn is good with IM. He prefers her, imo, to any other host. They both are a bit quirky. I liked his OTO jacket in pink, but I didn't buy it. (O/T) lol

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

winamac11381263906.62731402 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

I have never looked at their FB pages, that what I am saying. There is much more interesting things going on in the world.

Just go to Lisa's to see the adoration comments. It's kind of spooky.{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink I guess she must not have any level of self esteem issues due to the # of "love you-you are gorgeous" comments. And, I haven't even been on her page in a long time--last time was to see a Gili coat. I may start going on once every few months if she has a new item I'm interested coming in stock.

These hosts do not think of me as their friend.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

Page 1 of 1