Better Than Black Friday
15 Members and 13443 Guests Online

Viewpoints

Remember Alex and Simon? (RHofNYC)

Started 1369326727.93 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1369922005.867 by briiii

It seems they've fallen upon hard times. Simon once managed a nice boutique style hotel in NYC but quit and decided reality TV would be his career.

NAUGHTY BUT NICE ROB 05/15 #1
Another reality star is on the edge of filing for bankruptcy after living well beyond their means for a few years. Claiming that expenses from being on the show have pushed them into serous debt, they had no money to buy food! Unable to hold down a regular job since becoming famous, the show did not painted them in not the most flattering light, the only income that has come into the household for some time is from being on reality TV, and now even that is not enough to pay the bills. Other cast members that know about the problems have shown little sympathy. One cast member that is now a multimillionaire, and is currently hiring a lot of staff for a new project, doesn’t even return their calls anymore. If they knew what they do now – they would never have signed up to do the show in the first place!
Alex McCord/Simon Van Kempen "Real Housewives of New York" friend: Bethenny Frankel

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next
Debbie10101369327136.463745 PostsRegistered 3/31/2013

Oh my! The writing was on the wall at the end of their appearance on the show. I guess Alex's modeling career didn't pan out either. Oh well. I wonder if their kids are still so bratty and poorly behaved.

“I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow." ---Maya Angelou

bathina1369327244.0935750 PostsRegistered 2/25/2010

I saw them recently at a gathering in NYC. I had no idea who they were until a friend told me. I noticed Alex right away because she was so tall and thin and dressed in skin tight black leather pants. She stands out in a crowd.

ETA: The kids were with them and they were very well behaved.

Last edited on 5/23/2013

Last edited on 5/23/2013

"I didn't do anything to support the Sandy Hook people and now I'm living with the consequences." Richard Martinez

Nancy Drew1369327289.595753 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Kind of sad. I liked them even tho they were odd.

Please don't put me in a timeout.

Preds1369327484.31722763 PostsRegistered 12/17/2012

Should have tried to get real jobs instead of trying to get on every other reality show out there. Stupid is as stupid does. Why should Bethany hire them? Go work for a living and stop trying to be something you are not. And teach your children some manners while you are not doing anything. all the different languages their learning won't help a bit if they are mean, bratty grown ups.

I love how in scary movies the person yells out "Hello?" As if the killer is going to be like, "Yeah, I'm in the kitchen, want a sandwich?"

lulu21369327621.79321649 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007
On 5/23/2013 Debbie1010 said:

Oh my! The writing was on the wall at the end of their appearance on the show. I guess Alex's modeling career didn't pan out either. Oh well. I wonder if their kids are still so bratty and poorly behaved.

When they were riding high on their stardom, they took their boys to adults only affairs. My husband's niece's job was to set up liquor tasting bars at social events. At one she said the boys were running around and sliding on the floor. The older boy slid right into one of the set ups, knocking over samples. One of the parents (I cannot remember which one) told the boy to tell the nice lady he was sorry. He did not, instead spit at her.

Pqfan1369328110.9036281 PostsRegistered 2/15/2006

Wow that is a shame.

I never really like them but Alex grew on me after a while.

Simon just gave me the creeps.

They should have seen it coming though.

Reality Tv "gigs" only last but so long if the public is no longer interested in you.

I hope they bounce back.

Peaches Mc­Phee1369328361.531699 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Interesting. Just another story of someone living beyond their means and making poor financial choices. Happens at all economic levels. (I sometimes wonder just how "rich" those rich people are on TV.)

Years ago I attended a fund raising event in NYC, and they showed up as, I guess, entertainment. They wandered about mingling with people and getting their photos taken.

Pro-aging.

missy11369328372.60732586 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007

I hope Silex comes back to NY housewives. I like the couple.

colliemom31369329635.8416404 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

They lived the high life but did they ever really get it together? I recall them living in an apartment that wasn't in the best condition for financially secure people. I haven't seen the show in so long. What happened with that apartment? Did they ever move out of it? Does anyone know? They seemed likable unlike some of the others on the RHONY.

Last edited on 5/23/2013

Last edited on 5/23/2013

Nancy Drew1369330220.425753 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

They were renovating a Brooklyn Townhouse. It was in horrible condition during the process. If you are really rich you live elsewhere while the work is going on. They did finish it and it was very nice (not my style) but fancy.

Please don't put me in a timeout.

lulu21369330304.74721649 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007
On 5/23/2013 Nancy Drew said:

They were renovating a Brooklyn Townhouse. It was in horrible condition during the process. If you are really rich you live elsewhere while the work is going on. They did finish it and it was very nice (not my style) but fancy.

As I recall the decor was sort of early bordello.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

wookie1369330359.688938 PostsRegistered 4/30/2006

I don't know why, but I'm surprised they would automatically think they would be financially set for life because of their exposure on a reality show.

colliemom31369330455.46716404 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010
On 5/23/2013 Nancy Drew said:

They were renovating a Brooklyn Townhouse. It was in horrible condition during the process. If you are really rich you live elsewhere while the work is going on. They did finish it and it was very nice (not my style) but fancy.

Thanks for answering my question Nancy.

Nancy Drew1369330481.055753 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 5/23/2013 lulu2 said:
On 5/23/2013 Nancy Drew said:

They were renovating a Brooklyn Townhouse. It was in horrible condition during the process. If you are really rich you live elsewhere while the work is going on. They did finish it and it was very nice (not my style) but fancy.

As I recall the decor was sort of early bordello.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Yes, the red and black witht the David Bowie poster.

Please don't put me in a timeout.

colliemom31369330491.48316404 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010
On 5/23/2013 wookie said:

I don't know why, but I'm surprised they would automatically think they would be financially set for life because of their exposure on a reality show.

Denial?

chrystaltr­ee1369330623.45713052 PostsRegistered 5/10/2010

Oh, please. They spent money they didn't have and whatever money they made doing that silly show; they blew away, pretending that they were rich and famous. They were neither. I wouldn't give them a red cent either. What makes them think that other people who were on the show OWE them something. There's nothing sad about dim bulbs like that couple.

chrystaltr­ee1369330821.94313052 PostsRegistered 5/10/2010
On 5/23/2013 colliemom3 said:
On 5/23/2013 wookie said:

I don't know why, but I'm surprised they would automatically think they would be financially set for life because of their exposure on a reality show.

Denial?

I believe they thought that the show would lead to other, more lucrative opportunities. Don't ask me why.

colliemom31369330935.10316404 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

We had friends that actually were financially set for life yet ended up with nothing due to poor decions and financial planning. It's still amazing to us that it happened because they made some really really foolish mistakes. We don't feel sorry for them though.

Last edited on 5/23/2013

Last edited on 5/23/2013

wookie1369331184.0478938 PostsRegistered 4/30/2006
On 5/23/2013 chrystaltree said:
On 5/23/2013 colliemom3 said:
On 5/23/2013 wookie said:

I don't know why, but I'm surprised they would automatically think they would be financially set for life because of their exposure on a reality show.

Denial?

I believe they thought that the show would lead to other, more lucrative opportunities. Don't ask me why.

They did think that, but they made that assumption before knowing if it would happen.

They must have super-sized egos, which colliesmom, accurately in my opinion, described as denial.

croemer1369331189.7876292 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009

I will never understand why people think they are automatically set for life because they were on a reality show? One has to use the show as a springboard to another project and I suppose they either did not... or were not successful? They are a very strange couple.

"That what you gaze upon...you become"

Nancy Drew1369331230.855753 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 5/23/2013 colliemom3 said:

We had friends that actually were financially set for life yet ended up with nothing due to poor decions and financial planning. It's still amazing to us that it happened because they made some really really foolish mistakes. We don't feel sorry for them though.

Last edited on 5/23/2013


My friends dad died leaving the mom 3 million and her new husband spent it all. The mom now lives in an apartment in Reno NV.

Please don't put me in a timeout.

skeuomorph1369331350.4431087 PostsRegistered 2/27/2013
Is this even true? The story's not written well (I'm no expert but "the show did not painted them in not the most flattering light" doesn't make sense).

These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me. --Matthew 15:8-9

colliemom31369331620.33716404 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010
On 5/23/2013 Nancy Drew said:
On 5/23/2013 colliemom3 said:

We had friends that actually were financially set for life yet ended up with nothing due to poor decions and financial planning. It's still amazing to us that it happened because they made some really really foolish mistakes. We don't feel sorry for them though.

Last edited on 5/23/2013


My friends dad died leaving the mom 3 million and her new husband spent it all. The mom now lives in an apartment in Reno NV.

These people now live in a run down mobile home. They use to own 2 homes, several pricey boats and water toys, many vehicles and travel all over the world!

croemer1369331765.0376292 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009
On 5/23/2013 colliemom3 said:
On 5/23/2013 Nancy Drew said:
On 5/23/2013 colliemom3 said:

We had friends that actually were financially set for life yet ended up with nothing due to poor decions and financial planning. It's still amazing to us that it happened because they made some really really foolish mistakes. We don't feel sorry for them though.

Last edited on 5/23/2013


My friends dad died leaving the mom 3 million and her new husband spent it all. The mom now lives in an apartment in Reno NV.

These people now live in a run down mobile home. They use to own 2 homes, several pricey boats and water toys, many vehicles and travel all over the world!

Her poor ex(dead) hubby is probably rolling over in their graves. What a waste of all he achieved and they just blew it off.{#emotions_dlg.mellow}

"That what you gaze upon...you become"

Lion1369331842.47710437 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 5/23/2013 MissyW1 said:

I hope Silex comes back to NY housewives. I like the couple.

I agree. I enjoyed them on the show. They were social climbers, but I still found them likable.

Alex and Bethenny were friends for a while - Alex supported Bethenny during the bad times with Jill Z., and Alex/Simon were invited to Bethenny's wedding.

If Bethenny really is hiring a lot of new staff for a new project, it would be nice if she'd at least consider Alex for a job.

I think it would be the decent thing to do, even if it turned out that there wasn't a job for Alex. At least, Bethenny could say she gave her a chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi.

We're going to dust ourselves off and get right back on up.

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next