Just-Reduced Clearance
89 Members and 17739 Guests Online

Viewpoints

ShopNBC now ShopHQ

Started 1369318123.777 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1369328672.76 by monalisa1452

I believe I would be a bit upset if my competition but a "Q" in their new name.

Becky

Page 1 of 1
missy11369318202.43732620 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007

I heard this yesterday. Who bought them? I hope they get new hosts and better products. Enough with the watches and electronics all the time.

Topaz Gem1369318217.46316427 PostsRegistered 10/31/2007Scenic New Hampshire

I just got the email announcing the change. No biggie to me, as I'll always think of it as ShopNBC.

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~ Albert Camus

beckyb10121369318645.7932125 PostsRegistered 10/24/2007Tyler Texas

Not sure who bought them from the info. they offer on their website. Maybe the video they are offering for us to view can tell more, but I did not care to watch. I agree better quality items would be great regardless of what they call themselves!!!!

Becky

rondell1369318798.66313373 PostsRegistered 12/17/2009USA

Wow, I had no idea. It will still be ShopNBC to me. I have but one Q, and it's right here! Thanks for the headsup, beckyb1012.

sunshine451369318938.542869 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

ShopNBC is taking the “NBC” out of its name, in part to avoid paying $4 million a year in license fees to the Peacock Network to use the name.

ShopNBC, once known as ValueVision, will be called ShopHQ — “Your Headquarters for All Things Shop.”

ShopNBC broke the news Wednesday, the same day it released its first-quarter earnings.

http://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2013/05/23/shopnbc-getting-new-moniker-shop-hq/

"Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!” -Charles Dickens

Topaz Gem1369319000.5416427 PostsRegistered 10/31/2007Scenic New Hampshire
On 5/23/2013 MissyW1 said:

I heard this yesterday. Who bought them? I hope they get new hosts and better products. Enough with the watches and electronics all the time.

If you look at the inventory on shopnbc.com, they have a great variety of products. The problem is, is that they don't present most of them on the air. They only present watches, electronics, some skincare and a few kitchen items. I hope the new management will change their on-air product mix, as you can only stand to see so many watches before you have to change the channel.

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~ Albert Camus

Marp21369319173.5474123 PostsRegistered 1/31/2012Western NC

MINNEAPOLIS, MN--(Marketwired - May 22, 2013) - ValueVision Media, Inc. (NASDAQ: VVTV), the multichannel electronic retailer currently operating under the ShopNBC brand, announced today that it is rebranding its business as 'ShopHQ' (Visit www.shophq.com to see the new look and feel of the brand). The visual experience of the new brand begins today on TV, online, mobile and social platforms, with a gradual transition to the new brand and Internet URL to be completed over the balance of the fiscal year, supported by a targeted, customer marketing campaign.

In developing the ShopHQ brand, ValueVision conducted research and vetting in partnership with Landor Associates, a global strategic branding and design firm. The Landor team worked closely with ValueVision to develop and validate a name and positioning that would resonate with viewers. The new brand leverages the business' core identity of "Shop" and layers on simplicity, comfort and strength. It also clearly states the aspiration of making ShopHQ a shopping destination. Starting today, customers will begin to see the new name and logo alongside the current logo, with a gradual transition to the new brand. A variety of on-air marketing promotions are planned over the remainder of the year, to educate viewers and make them comfortable with the transition.

"Over the past few years, under a new management team, we have substantially expanded our product assortment, enhanced the customer experience and have grown our customer base to 1.2 million customers. Our customers are purchasing more frequently, are enjoying a steadily improving shopping experience and are more engaged than ever. The progress we have made makes this the right time to take control of and invest in our own brand," said Keith Stewart, ValueVision CEO.

MORE:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/valuevision-media-rebrand-shopnbc-electronic-200100123.html

We all get better at behaviors we practice, good or bad.

SoX1369319623.948116 PostsRegistered 2/21/2009

I remember when ValueVision's predecessor was bought out by QVC ... can't remember what its name was, though. That buyout brought MaryBeth, Judy Crowell, Dan Hughes and others to the Q ... and Coleen Lopez went to Florida ...

gazelle771369320106.29710026 PostsRegistered 3/1/2013

yes- the watch thing they have going on has got to go.... who in the heck is buying and watching( ha ha) all these watch shows....SO BORING!

~~Always remember--
You're braver than you believe
And stronger than you seem
And smarter than you think~
~Pooh

missy11369320520.71732620 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007
On 5/23/2013 sunshine45 said:

ShopNBC is taking the “NBC” out of its name, in part to avoid paying $4 million a year in license fees to the Peacock Network to use the name.

ShopNBC, once known as ValueVision, will be called ShopHQ — “Your Headquarters for All Things Shop.”

ShopNBC broke the news Wednesday, the same day it released its first-quarter earnings.

http://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2013/05/23/shopnbc-getting-new-moniker-shop-hq/

I thought someone bought them out. So the TV station NBC doesn't own them? I always thought that. It seems strange why they would pick those letters to begin with.

What does the NBC stand for then? We know what QVC and HSN letters mean.

Last edited on 5/23/2013

Last edited on 5/23/2013

scotttie1369321870.14339652 PostsRegistered 6/15/2006

I wouldn't want NBC in my name either if I was a corp trying to have a broad base of customers

"Oh wad some power the giftie gie us To see oursel's as others see us!
--Robert Burns

:-) :-) :D :D

LipstickDi­va1369323115.11739475 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio
On 5/23/2013 Sox2 said:

I remember when ValueVision's predecessor was bought out by QVC ... can't remember what its name was, though. That buyout brought MaryBeth, Judy Crowell, Dan Hughes and others to the Q ... and Coleen Lopez went to Florida ...

I think that was CVN.

I remember hearing a radio interview Colleen did and she said she was devastated when she lost her job with CVN.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

Debbie10101369323344.157745 PostsRegistered 3/31/2013
On 5/23/2013 Marp2 said:

MINNEAPOLIS, MN--(Marketwired - May 22, 2013) - ValueVision Media, Inc. (NASDAQ: VVTV), the multichannel electronic retailer currently operating under the ShopNBC brand, announced today that it is rebranding its business as 'ShopHQ' (Visit www.shophq.com to see the new look and feel of the brand). The visual experience of the new brand begins today on TV, online, mobile and social platforms, with a gradual transition to the new brand and Internet URL to be completed over the balance of the fiscal year, supported by a targeted, customer marketing campaign.

In developing the ShopHQ brand, ValueVision conducted research and vetting in partnership with Landor Associates, a global strategic branding and design firm. The Landor team worked closely with ValueVision to develop and validate a name and positioning that would resonate with viewers. The new brand leverages the business' core identity of "Shop" and layers on simplicity, comfort and strength. It also clearly states the aspiration of making ShopHQ a shopping destination. Starting today, customers will begin to see the new name and logo alongside the current logo, with a gradual transition to the new brand. A variety of on-air marketing promotions are planned over the remainder of the year, to educate viewers and make them comfortable with the transition.

"Over the past few years, under a new management team, we have substantially expanded our product assortment, enhanced the customer experience and have grown our customer base to 1.2 million customers. Our customers are purchasing more frequently, are enjoying a steadily improving shopping experience and are more engaged than ever. The progress we have made makes this the right time to take control of and invest in our own brand," said Keith Stewart, ValueVision CEO.

MORE:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/valuevision-media-rebrand-shopnbc-electronic-200100123.html

That sounds like someone is shoveling it pretty deep. LOL. There's been word on the street that they were going to change their name for a few years now. I don't know if I like the ShopHQ... it sounds kinda hokey.

“I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow." ---Maya Angelou

SeaGal1369323404.8313449 PostsRegistered 6/5/2007The Emerald City

Interesting, thanks sunshine...

Go Hawks!

SeaGal1369323496.89713449 PostsRegistered 6/5/2007The Emerald City
On 5/23/2013 beammeupscottie said:

I wouldn't want NBC in my name either if I was a corp trying to have a broad base of customers

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Go Hawks!

Pqfan1369324264.9776452 PostsRegistered 2/15/2006

I try to watch but almost every time I randomly go there they are selling big ugly watches.

sunshine451369324447.9842869 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast
On 5/23/2013 MissyW1 said:

<em>ShopNBC is taking the “NBC” out of its name, in part to avoid paying $4 million a year in license fees to the Peacock Network to use the name.</em>

<em>ShopNBC, once known as ValueVision, will be called ShopHQ — “Your Headquarters for All Things Shop.”</em>

<em>ShopNBC broke the news Wednesday, the same day it released its first-quarter earnings.</em>

<em><br /></em>

<em>http://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2013/05/23/shopnbc-getting-new-moniker-shop-hq/<br /> </em>

I thought someone bought them out. So the TV station NBC doesn't own them? I always thought that. It seems strange why they would pick those letters to begin with.

What does the NBC stand for then? We know what QVC and HSN letters mean.

Last edited on 5/23/2013

ValueVision entered into a 10-year 300 million dollar trademark licensing agreement with NBC in November 2000, a year after NBC purchased a stake in the network;[1] the following June, it rebranded as ShopNBC.[2]

"Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!” -Charles Dickens

monalisa14­521369328672.761460 PostsRegistered 8/29/2007

GE/NBC had about a 14% stake in ValueVision - Now Comcast owns NBC and still has the stake in VV stock.

SO even tho there is still a connection - they must feel the licensing is too expensive.

Page 1 of 1