Better Than Black Friday
98 Members and 15841 Guests Online

Viewpoints

135 Million Dollar home for Sale

Started 1359675618.28 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1359688219.673 by shoekitty

In Dallas.........the Palace of Crespi Hicks Estate..........has anyone ever heard about this home? My goodness talking about too much room. lol

"Crying is for plain women, Pretty women go shopping." Oscar Wilde

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion but cosmetics are easier to buy." YSL

Page 1 of 2
Rainbows a­nd Roses1359675763.51318545 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011

An apartment for rent in New York...........$165,000 a month........Astor Suite at the Plaza Hotel.........it is very pretty. Millions were spent getting it ready.......could sell for $45-55 million.

"Crying is for plain women, Pretty women go shopping." Oscar Wilde

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion but cosmetics are easier to buy." YSL

Rainbows a­nd Roses1359675853.44318545 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011

Another one for sale........apartment $100 million dollars and it is so pretty..take a look at CNN. Funny for me when I saw you go upstairs through an elevator the bedroom was nicely set up and yet by the bed their table showed electrical wires from the wall to things.....a problem I try to avoid.......so do you like look at property online even if you can't buy it? It will give decorating suggestions.

Last edited on 1/31/2013

Last edited on 1/31/2013

"Crying is for plain women, Pretty women go shopping." Oscar Wilde

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion but cosmetics are easier to buy." YSL

madcity4111359676581.1034715 PostsRegistered 8/11/2007

How about the 95 million dollar co-op in New York! It has an HOA fee of something like 1 million a year. It is a rather nice place though!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

croemer1359676819.3476295 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009

Video tour of the spectacular Estate, it is so beautiful and on 25 acres. This Crespi-Hicks Estate was notably the last residential creation of acclaimed architect Maurice Fatio before his death back in year 1943.

$135 Million Dallas Palace Is America's New Most Expensive Home For Sale. For complete gallery visit Douglas Newby & Associates web site!

<h1>America’s New Most Expensive Home For Sale – $135 Million Crespi-Hicks Estate in Dallas</h1>
  • January 31, 2013

Home of former Texas Rangers owner Tom Hicks is new most expensive home for sale in the United States. If you thought it’s luxury mansion in New York or San Francisco, you’re wrong. The Crespi-Hicks Estate, one-of-a-kind house, which was listed for $135 million is actually in Dallas. Designed in 1939 by renowned architect Maurice Fatio for Italian Count Pio Crespi, who came to the United States to head up the American leg of his wealthy family’s cotton empire, this house is an architectural beauty with ties to European royalty.

Among the home’s luxury amenities are an 18th century French royal marble mantelpiece in its master bedroom, a a library paneled in 19th-century Italian walnut and burl, a main kitchen tiled in 10th-century Dutch Delft manganese tiles, marble staircase, formal study, a mirrored art-deco bar room, and an exercise room.

The pool house boasts an outdoor living room and kitchen, an indoor catering kitchen, an extensive game room, and a high-tech home theater.

There are also a tennis court, several greenhouses, a tree house, rose and vegetable gardens, ponds, creeks and dense greenery, as well as a second hidden driveway entrance onto the property.

Tom Hicks, who once owned baseball’s Texas Rangers and who Forbes magazine said was worth $1.4 billion in 2008, bought this property some 16 years ago. He hired architect Peter Marino to restore it. The process reportedly took nearly a decade and as much as $100 million.

"That what you gaze upon...you become"

Linders Ba­ck1359676958.5078725 PostsRegistered 9/4/2005Second star to the right and straight on till morning.

It was built by Italian Count Pio Crespi. Was he any relation to thePRincess or Countess who used to sell jewelry on QVC?

"SHUT UP LEGS" - Jens Voight

croemer1359677013.1276295 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009
On 1/31/2013 Linders Back said:

It was built by Italian Count Pio Crespi. Was he any relation to thePRincess or Countess who used to sell jewelry on QVC?

I don't know, I wondered the same thing?

"That what you gaze upon...you become"

deepwaterd­otter1359677875.12313037 PostsRegistered 9/1/2005America's Dairyland
On 1/31/2013 Linders Back said:

It was built by Italian Count Pio Crespi. Was he any relation to thePRincess or Countess who used to sell jewelry on QVC?

You'd have to sell a lot of brooches just to pay the electic bill for a month.

"I Can't Prove It, But I Can Say It." - S. Colbert

chumlee_1359678337.4475381 PostsRegistered 10/3/2008
On 1/31/2013 croemer said:

Video tour of the spectacular Estate, it is so beautiful and on 25 acres. This Crespi-Hicks Estate was notably the last residential creation of acclaimed architect Maurice Fatio before his death back in year 1943.

$135 Million Dallas Palace Is America's New Most Expensive Home For Sale. For complete gallery visit Douglas Newby & Associates web site!

<h1> America’s New Most Expensive Home For Sale – $135 Million Crespi-Hicks Estate in Dallas</h1>
  • January 31, 2013

Home of former Texas Rangers owner Tom Hicks is new most expensive home for sale in the United States. If you thought it’s luxury mansion in New York or San Francisco, you’re wrong. The Crespi-Hicks Estate, one-of-a-kind house, which was listed for $135 million is actually in Dallas. Designed in 1939 by renowned architect Maurice Fatio for Italian Count Pio Crespi, who came to the United States to head up the American leg of his wealthy family’s cotton empire, this house is an architectural beauty with ties to European royalty.

Among the home’s luxury amenities are an 18th century French royal marble mantelpiece in its master bedroom, a a library paneled in 19th-century Italian walnut and burl, a main kitchen tiled in 10th-century Dutch Delft manganese tiles, marble staircase, formal study, a mirrored art-deco bar room, and an exercise room.

The pool house boasts an outdoor living room and kitchen, an indoor catering kitchen, an extensive game room, and a high-tech home theater.

There are also a tennis court, several greenhouses, a tree house, rose and vegetable gardens, ponds, creeks and dense greenery, as well as a second hidden driveway entrance onto the property.

Tom Hicks, who once owned baseball’s Texas Rangers and who Forbes magazine said was worth $1.4 billion in 2008, bought this property some 16 years ago. He hired architect Peter Marino to restore it. The process reportedly took nearly a decade and as much as $100 million.

I could live there. My dogs would love the extra room even though they'd still try to all crowd up on a chair with me!!

No outfit is complete without copious amounts of horse slobber on it.

shesallthat1359678615.09310390 PostsRegistered 4/4/2005
On 1/31/2013 croemer said:

Video tour of the spectacular Estate, it is so beautiful and on 25 acres. This Crespi-Hicks Estate was notably the last residential creation of acclaimed architect Maurice Fatio before his death back in year 1943.

$135 Million Dallas Palace Is America's New Most Expensive Home For Sale. For complete gallery visit Douglas Newby & Associates web site!

oh my goodness!!! that is gorgeous!!!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

i wonder how many square feet - they left out that important detail!

she said: "that's alot of money to spend on a purse!" and i instantly knew we could not be friends.

TrackerGal1359679235.74323626 PostsRegistered 8/7/2007

Be a dandy hotel or bed and breakfast.

------1359679520.58318558 PostsRegistered 2/13/2008

Wow. It is beautiful. I wouldn't want to mow that lawn though.

you mad bro?

chumlee_1359679637.0735381 PostsRegistered 10/3/2008
On 1/31/2013 TrackerGal said:

Be a dandy hotel or bed and breakfast.

Sure would! I'll try to get 135,000 of my closest friends and we'll buy it. Anyone want to join us???

No outfit is complete without copious amounts of horse slobber on it.

------1359679743.7218558 PostsRegistered 2/13/2008
On 1/31/2013 chumlee_ said:
On 1/31/2013 TrackerGal said:

Be a dandy hotel or bed and breakfast.

Sure would! I'll try to get 135,000 of my closest friends and we'll buy it. Anyone want to join us???

I got 35 cents and a cough drop. Will that do? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

you mad bro?

croemer1359679890.80376295 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009

Just checked my sofa and found 62 cents to contribute does that mean I am the highest share-holder?Cool

"That what you gaze upon...you become"

NewNic1359679993.70314245 PostsRegistered 1/28/2007

I do not have enough furniture to fill it, but otherwise, I would buy it today!

croemer1359680081.2976295 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009

Flea market finds Marianne?

"That what you gaze upon...you become"

------1359680285.6118558 PostsRegistered 2/13/2008
On 1/31/2013 croemer said:

Just checked my sofa and found 62 cents to contribute does that mean I am the highest share-holder?Cool

Yep. But that means your share of property tax doubles.

you mad bro?

NewNic1359680289.7514245 PostsRegistered 1/28/2007

I am allergic to garage sales and flea markets...my mom's fault-- as a kid I was dragged to them ALL the time- now, I won't go.

LOL...PTSD, I guess.

Peachysue1359680295.35313707 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
Why not just squat? Works in Florida.. LOL

Go VOLS.. Go Big Orange ...

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney..

chumlee_1359680326.6775381 PostsRegistered 10/3/2008
On 1/31/2013 croemer said:

Just checked my sofa and found 62 cents to contribute does that mean I am the highest share-holder?Cool

Depends on the type of cough drop being tossed in. I mean is it still wrapped or does it have lint on it?

No outfit is complete without copious amounts of horse slobber on it.

croemer1359680360.23776295 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009
On 1/31/2013 ------ said:
On 1/31/2013 croemer said:

Just checked my sofa and found 62 cents to contribute does that mean I am the highest share-holder?Cool

Yep. But that means your share of property tax doubles.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.crying}Oops did I say 62 cents...I meant 32 cents?Cool

"That what you gaze upon...you become"

croemer1359680415.30776295 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009
On 1/31/2013 chumlee_ said:
On 1/31/2013 croemer said:

Just checked my sofa and found 62 cents to contribute does that mean I am the highest share-holder?Cool

Depends on the type of cough drop being tossed in. I mean is it still wrapped or does it have lint on it?

Good point!

Suzie I want to squat there for at least a month...you in?

"That what you gaze upon...you become"

croemer1359680489.77776295 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009
On 1/31/2013 Marianne- said:

I am allergic to garage sales and flea markets...my mom's fault-- as a kid I was dragged to them ALL the time- now, I won't go.

LOL...PTSD, I guess.

Ah...my mother drug us to garage sales. I still like to check them out.

"That what you gaze upon...you become"

------1359680493.88318558 PostsRegistered 2/13/2008
On 1/31/2013 croemer said:
On 1/31/2013 ------ said:
On 1/31/2013 croemer said:

Just checked my sofa and found 62 cents to contribute does that mean I am the highest share-holder?Cool

Yep. But that means your share of property tax doubles.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.crying}Oops did I say 62 cents...I meant 32 cents?Cool

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

you mad bro?

NewNic1359680624.53714245 PostsRegistered 1/28/2007

If you squat there is there electric and plumbing?

Page 1 of 2