Creede Silver Sale
131 Members and 15242 Guests Online

Viewpoints

What Not To Wear - "Tiffany"

Started 1357323582.15 in Viewpoints | Last reply 1357581536.973 by Kiss my mutt

I happened upon this last night (TLC) and was SHOCKED at this episode. This was Tiffany, the singer known from the 80's.

I have never seen such a HORRIBLE result from this show. I didn't see the first few minutes, but I gathered she had "body issues" and was sort of hiding in clothes.

Her "after" results were terrible. I hated the haircut, and the clothes made her look like a sausage.

She is a pretty woman, and I think she looked WORSE after their "intervention."

Did anyone else happen to see this?

Hyacinth

Page 1 of 1
Jannabelle1357324280.7317745 PostsRegistered 1/13/2008

I did not see it, I don't watch as much as I used to, some of the make overs are not that great, especially the hair.

No longer a bug! ; )

qvcfreak1357328628.6635865 PostsRegistered 3/14/2005

I watched it and I didn't like the clothes they selected for her either. The clothes were too tight and it emphasized her stomach a lot which is what she was trying to get away from. While the clothes she was wearing before were huge and 2 sizes too big, they could've given her blouses and dresses that emphasized her waist but that flowed down instead of constricting her mid section.

Dagna1357332062.05314011 PostsRegistered 2/10/2006

I didn't see this particular show either, but I agree that sometimes tight fitting clothes are not the answer to perceived body issues.

violann1357332099.27312573 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004
I think they do this a lot. Tight clothes with jackets buttoned under the bust are just not flattering to heavier women, and neither are displaying fat knees/thighs. What is fashionable is not always appropriate or practical.

I didn't come here to argue.- Peg Bracken

Violet Eyes1357332347.7873438 PostsRegistered 11/9/2012

They don't always do a good job. I didn't see this particular show but often times in the past the beauty team destroy people's hairstyles and make them look drab. Blondes are rarely kept blonde and they often times give the makeovers short hair which usually is unflattering.

Their clothing selections don't seem to take into consideration a person's lifestyle and everyone ends up with a cookie cutter style. Tight, unflattering spandex does nothing for a woman....{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

missyw11357348378.1132316 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007

I listened to Tiffany, back in the day. (and Debbie Gibson)

speedyindi­sguise1357361767.753826 PostsRegistered 2/25/2009

I just watched it and agree with OP. She didn't look that much better. She ended up with a new wardrobe that emphasized her tummy and large chest. The first "new" look was laughable the way the jacket was pulled to tension on that one button on her waist. Then it just pulled open at her chest and stomach (under waist).

Still the same SpeedyG

mistriTsqu­irrel1357371689.4810639 PostsRegistered 7/17/2010Purgatory, USA

It is obvious to me that the hosts of that show hope to make as many people in the world into their clones as possible. They don't appreciate individuality...they think that anyone who doesn't dress as they do are poorly-dressed.

And, as previous posters have noted, their "style" isn't all that great.

Heartburn Can Cause Cancer -- www.ecan.org

4KICKS1357415155.462046 PostsRegistered 11/11/2006Sunny AZ

(Haven't watched the whole show, just a yahoo synopsis with before/after pics, so wanted to note that, have it dvr'd so will watch it soon, just wanted to note that)

I thought Ted hit it out of the park with her hair, as the bangs took years off her face. The one "after" outfit I saw appeared about 6 inches too short, and way too tight. I assume the point was to emphasize her thinnest point which was directly under her busoom, but they missed the mark on this one.

The combination of tightness and shortness was not the least bit flattering. I will hold complete judgment until I see the final episode.

People seldom change.
They just get better at what they do.

Peg551357571453.2671544 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

i didn't care for their selections either

they do have a tendency to give a person who is not thin very tight clothing and also short. half the time I laugh at what Stacey and Clinton feel is appropriate and is in style! They match colors and prints which I definitely would never do in a million years!

i don't know why they feel they have to emphasize the body parts either; it's okay for a thinner person but not someone who is not

i am a plus size and i will be darned if I wear clothing that is tight emphasizing everything that i own! I never liked tight or short clothing even when I wasn't a plus size

i wear my clothing rather loose and below the backside. I am only 5 feet 5 but I won't wear a blouse or top that is shorter than 30 inches

sometimes you have to go with what you feel looks good on you. As much as I like the tops the Q shows I personally feel they are too short for me. Susan Graver used to have longer tops but now it looks like she makes tops just for her -- as you can tell when she is on!

LipstickDi­va1357577971.27738219 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

This was a very weird episode. I liked her haircut but hated the color. I liked her darker auburn hair much better.

I couldn't get a handle on the clothes. She kept saying she wanted clothes to wear on-stage and perform but how much of her life is spent performing? And that doesn't really seem to be what they focused on.

I thought she looked much thinner in some of the clothes she tried on than in her before pictures. The big, baggy oversized clothes weren't doing her any favors either but there has to be a happy medium.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

Preds1357578953.89321337 PostsRegistered 12/17/2012Here and there

I haven't seen this episode, but in others that I have seen, they seem to dress everyone is super tight clothing. It seems to be "what everyone is wearing". My daughter and her friends dress in clothes that I see as "too tight". They just don't "look" comfortable.

Some of my stuff is too baggy, but at least I'm comfy and not offending anyones eyes.

" The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept." George Carlin

Kiss my mu­tt1357581536.9731314 PostsRegistered 12/31/2006

I really loved her hair. It was a bit edgy and made her look younger and hipper.

The clothes looked so uncomfortable. I don't know how she would perform with so much constriction around her waist.

Page 1 of 1