Esteemed Contributor

I hate my teeth so bad, I could cry. I loved my upper dentures when he put them in, theyre made nice (as in perfect looking like highschool but not too white, natural).

Now 5 days later Im still in agony from the removal of teeth and the plate hurts. A liquid diet isnt cutting it. I cant chew yet and have been living on soup, ice cream, pudding and jello. Well, Im so hungry, I want a HUGE Italian sandwich.

They were adjusted once and were ok, now they hurt again. Im ready to either file them down with a nail file or throw them out the window!!!!!..lol. Also I never thought I would care (Im not vain), well when I first took my plate out yesterday and saw my real teeth gone I cried. I cant even look in the mirror without my plate in.

Lastly since the tops were pulled all my bottom teeth (which still need work) hurt except for the molars. So I have ice in my mouth constantly. AND my DH is giving me a peck on the cheek so as not to hurt me. This sounds weird maybe BUT I miss kissing my husband :-(

I hope I get used to this because right now I feel like those 40 yr old JOKE birthdaycards I got 10 plus years ago when I turned 40 that said welcome to dentures, bathroom issues etc etc.

Id give anything now to choose root canals again and have saved my teeth. So when the bottoms are being done Im going to save as many teeth as I can and get him to match them to my upper plate and just get a lower partial.

End of rant. Please tell me it gets better IF you have dentures.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles