Contributor

Advice on bag for young daughter

Hi Ladies,

I have a few VB travel bags and love them. But I'm not familiar with all the other styles. So, I'm hoping you can help me with a Christmas gift.

My daughter is 8 years old. She carries a little, open top tote to church with her each week. It is big enough for her to put a small wallet, lip gloss and some crayons and pad of paper. The bag she is using is falling apart (not VB). She'd like a new one for Christmas. Any suggestions?

Santa thanks you in advance!

Regular Contributor

Re: Advice on bag for young daughter

Check out the Frannie and the mini flap hipster.
Trusted Contributor

These aren’t tote bags, but I thought these might work for the GDs as tiny purses H203821. I am not sure what size pad of paper she carries, if it is large, then these won’t work. These are small bags - approximate measurements: 6-1/2"W x 4"H x 1-1/4"D and 6-1/4"W x 4-1/2"H x 1-1/2"

They are kid-sized, but grown-up looking, so it is worth considering. Here is the info:

Set of 2 Cell Phone Bags by Lori Greiner

http://www.qvc.com/Set-of-2-Cell-Phone-Bags-by-Lori-Greiner.product.H203821.html?sc=H203821-24HR&cm...

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Super Contributor

My DGD who is about that age has a Clare and a Cassidy. I don't know if these would be too big for your DD. Both styles are on sale right now in limited colors on the VB website. HTH

Honored Contributor

For young girls, I can recommend the Amy and the Bitty Betsy. The smaller purses have good buys on new with tags items. The vintage pieces generally wash and wear very well. There also some newer patterns in the "puffy" styles, which are man-made fibers. These may be more soil resistant and might be a hit with the younger girls.

If you are wanting an open tote for her, I love the small toggle or "tic tac" for files (its just right) 7.5" tall, 3.5" wide, 3" deep. If you are not caring about file-size, and you are looking for a purse, a small hipster or "organizer wristlet" might be just the right size.

Hope this helps! What a fun shopping spree for you...

oh, here's another (it holds a phone) on the go, its called. The young adults our DD's age think these are "cool"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

Thank you for all the suggestions, ladies! I'm off to do some shopping on the website. I'll let you know what I find for her.

Honored Contributor

All my middle school girls use the small backpacks as purses.