Super Contributor

My Midnight Paisley and Houndstooth news bags....

Went to my fav store this morning and got a Mandy in Midnight Paisley, a Small Vera Tote in Houndstooth, Ruffled Cosmetic in Houndstooth, and the free Home and Away Cosmetic in Midnight Paisley. A nice gift valued at $42.00. These new patterns are gorgeous and the Houndstooth is timeless and classic. I saw the new scarves and throws in these new colors. Black Friday the throws will be buy one get one half price. I plan on getting one in each of the new patterns. What did everyone get or planning to get?
Super Contributor

Re: My Midnight Paisley and Houndstooth news bags....

You got some great pieces! Heading over to the website to ""window shop."" I've bought so much lately. Enjoy your new goodies!

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/20/2014 diamondsforme said: Went to my fav store this morning and got a Mandy in Midnight Paisley, a Small Vera Tote in Houndstooth, Ruffled Cosmetic in Houndstooth, and the free Home and Away Cosmetic in Midnight Paisley. A nice gift valued at $42.00. These new patterns are gorgeous and the Houndstooth is timeless and classic. I saw the new scarves and throws in these new colors. Black Friday the throws will be buy one get one half price. I plan on getting one in each of the new patterns. What did everyone get or planning to get?

I had to laugh, I am sitting in my jammies sipping coffee, and you are already down there!! So I ran down and got the LAST Houndstooth Trimmed Vera Tote in the place (VB store, Roseville, Ca). The gals said items have been flying out the door. The new Glenna bag got delayed somehow, which is why it says "sold out" and the stores never got it either. She thinks it will be released at a later date.

I am going to the big Arts and Crafts show on Sat. and this will be perfect. Love a zip on the top of a tote and the handles are strong. Big fun !!!

Small Trimmed Vera in Midnight Houndstooth with Black TrimThe Glenna got delayed:Glenna in Midnight Houndstooth

Esteemed Contributor

I have always LOVED houndstooth!!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/20/2014 colliegirls said:

I have always LOVED houndstooth!!!

What you may not be able to tell from the picture, like on the Vera tote, the houndstooth fabric is quilted so it has dimension.

I love Kipling also. They have a new fabric called Chenille Mix that carries out the black and white theme. Next time they have an online special (from Kipling or Macy's), I plan to get this one. It could work back to the B&W VB accessories or back to the VB Tango Red.

Madelynn Satchel - Chenille Mix

Super Contributor

On 11/20/2014 Hi Cindy said:
On 11/20/2014 diamondsforme said: Went to my fav store this morning and got a Mandy in Midnight Paisley, a Small Vera Tote in Houndstooth, Ruffled Cosmetic in Houndstooth, and the free Home and Away Cosmetic in Midnight Paisley. A nice gift valued at $42.00. These new patterns are gorgeous and the Houndstooth is timeless and classic. I saw the new scarves and throws in these new colors. Black Friday the throws will be buy one get one half price. I plan on getting one in each of the new patterns. What did everyone get or planning to get?

I had to laugh, I am sitting in my jammies sipping coffee, and you are already down there!! So I ran down and got the LAST Houndstooth Trimmed Vera Tote in the place (VB store, Roseville, Ca). The gals said items have been flying out the door. The new Glenna bag got delayed somehow, which is why it says "sold out" and the stores never got it either. She thinks it will be released at a later date.

I am going to the big Arts and Crafts show on Sat. and this will be perfect. Love a zip on the top of a tote and the handles are strong. Big fun !!!

Small Trimmed Vera in Midnight Houndstooth with Black TrimThe Glenna got delayed:Glenna in Midnight Houndstooth

Hi Cindy. I'm so glad you got one too! I honestly think, in my opinion, these are the best patterns yet. I'm carrying Mandy now but when my hubby and I go to dinner Saturday night, followed by walking at our favorite outdoor shopping area I will be carrying the Vera! Enjoy!
Esteemed Contributor

What's so great about your Mandy is that you have both patterns represented. I am just thrilled with this new offering.

You know, while I was in there, I examined the new quilted leathers and they are really well done. Pictures don't do them justice and the leather is nice and soft. The black/taupe is quite elegant and the black is classic. I like the direction that VB is taking (a little more sophistication, but not taking themselves too seriously).

Super Contributor

On 11/20/2014 Hi Cindy said:

What's so great about your Mandy is that you have both patterns represented. I am just thrilled with this new offering.

You know, while I was in there, I examined the new quilted leathers and they are really well done. Pictures don't do them justice and the leather is nice and soft. The black/taupe is quite elegant and the black is classic. I like the direction that VB is taking (a little more sophistication, but not taking themselves too seriously).

What a nice review about their leather bags. I have not looked at them for a reason. Lol. I don't need another addiction! Were they heavy? As much as I also love Dooneys I simply can't handle the weight anymore because of my back. I agree the black with taupe is very stylish! I just might have to go back into the store during our Saturday night outing! :-)
Esteemed Contributor

No they are pretty lightweight. I have shoulder issues too. I did get the suede hobo in Dooney and it is manageable.

This one reviewer said it best: About the new leather satchel (quilted Emma)

5 / 5
Posted by Ash4Bama
Scottsboro, AL
Date:October 9, 2014
Wow!
I received this beautiful leather bag for my birthday and I am in love! I have many other leather bags from other high-end designers and the leather of this bag is better than any of the others. The leather is so soft! I am able to fit all of my belongings in is purse with plenty of room left over. Leather bags tend to get very heavy after being filled, but this one stays light. I like that it is very versatile in ways it can be carried. I love this bag and would highly recommend it to anyone!
Respected Contributor

I like both of the new black and white patterns but trying to avoid ordering another bag. I had a hard time resisiting that free hipster offer they had for a few days but I managed to use willpower and keep myself from ordering. I may have to put something in Houndstooth on my Christmas list. By the way, I did buy a few items over Veteran's day in the Cheery Blossoms pattern and they just arrived. Love the scarf and the pattern looks so good with either black or gray.