Esteemed Contributor

My visit today to the VB store

I went in to the VB store today (Roseville, Ca) to get a catalog. Picture of the upcoming Midnight Paisley was in there and some other fun things to look forward to. I was complaining in a general sense to the sales gal about (lack of) quality control in items coming from China and that quality was only as good as the company watch-dogging the production cycle. I was telling her that I got a Baggallini crossbody and the lining just shredded like a cheap pair of pantyhose and that I thought VB paid close attention to quality and listened to their customers. She said that the employees handle the bags to test them and give feedback and even wash them to check on durability. If there are issues (magnetic closures are weak, straps are too thin), the products are re-worked.

We both agreed; VB does make an effort and even the items that are mailed are all wrapped attractively and delivered in excellent shape. No funny chemical smells either.

I'll be back on the 20'th, but here are a few observations:

While I was walking around, there were a few items that caught my eye where the color/ pattern and the style are particularly well-matched.

The new CarryAll Travel Bag: the top handle was great and the strap was sturdy for sprints thu the airport during the busy holiday season. I am petite and this was a good size for me (I am 5'2"). Have my eye on this puppy.

Carryall Travel Bag in Cheery Blossoms with Black Trim

The second item was the new Work Tote in the new Tango Red. This has nice handles that are sewn well and securely attached to the bag. I hate flimsy straps.

Work Tote in Tango Red

The other item of interest is the updated laser cut series. Here is the clutch.

Laser-Cut Clutch in Cheery Blossoms

She had a good idea for those dreaded work gift exchanges where you pull a name of someone you hardly know: get an ID badge and put a gift certificate (Starbucks etc.) in the plastic window. I really liked that.

Zip ID Case in Ziggy Zags

Valued Contributor

Re: My visit today to the VB store

I'm glad you got to voice your opinion. I hope she tells the information to management.

Super Contributor

Hi Cindy. I loved reading your observations. Enjoyed your conversation also with sales associate regarding QC of bags. Interesting. I'm so anxious to get there on November 20th. When I was there recently I mentioned that I hate how fast they retire some patterns - like Cocoa Moss. The manager of this store said that the CEO was actually in their store and that was one of the complaints they heard often. So time will tell if they actually listen to the customers. I LOVE the work tote and if I still worked I would have that beauty in Tango Red. It's gorgeous!!!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The turnlock satchel was also great in the Tango Red. It too had the sturdy handles. Loved the lining on this one.

• Double zip-around closure
  • Inside, one zip pocket and five slip pockets
  • Front compartment with turn-lock closure sized to fit a mini tablet
  • Long zippered pocket on the back
  • Rolled handles

Contributor

Anyone know where you can find a pic of the upcoming Midnight Paisley? I have googled and haven't come up with a pic anywhere. I was sort of hoping it would be similar to the print on Midnight with Mickey, minus Mickey lol ! I love those colors.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Fluffy:

Online VB catalog: upper right corner Brightest 2014

http://www.verabradley.com/catalog/shop_catalogs.jsp

Contributor

Liked your post and pics...I am hoping that you didnt use your real drivers license though !
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/5/2014 green girl said: Liked your post and pics...I am hoping that you didnt use your real drivers license though !

Nope, that was on their website. I wondered about that..usually it is Jane Doe blah blah blah

P.S. they sent me an e-mail offer for $20.00 off a purchase over $75.00

Online, today only.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/5/2014 Hi Cindy said:

The turnlock satchel was also great in the Tango Red. It too had the sturdy handles. Loved the lining on this one.

• Double zip-around closure
  • Inside, one zip pocket and five slip pockets
  • Front compartment with turn-lock closure sized to fit a mini tablet
  • Long zippered pocket on the back
  • Rolled handles

With the today's online discount of $20 and free shipping..I got this one. I was afraid, if I kept dawdling, the red would sell out. I can always get an accessory item in the Midnight Paisley to go with my black puffy tote.

Contributor

Thanks for the pic and link, Hi Cindy. It's sure not what I was hoping for. Love the colors in Midnight with Mickey, just don't like Mickey. Was liking forward to the 20th, now not so much.