Esteemed Contributor

Birthday Coupon Has Gone Downhill....

My birthday was a few days ago and I received my Vera birthday discount.

They are offering 30% off one FULL PRICE item at any Vera store or at verabradley.com.

Or, you can get 20% off your entire purchase at a Vera outlet.

Huh? They used to give you much more on your birthday. Last year I received 50% off my entire purchase, which they took at the outlet. I did very well on that one.

I think I was right when I said I thought the company was "cheaping down," in their quality as well as in their perks.

Oh well, I had a great birthday without Vera!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

Re: Birthday Coupon Has Gone Downhill....

My daughter and I used to receive a $20.00 off coupon good on any amount. This year we received a % off coupon, I think 15% or 20%. We never did spend it so VB lost a few sales this year.

Contributor

My Birthday coupon this year was 25% off entire purchase. I was happy with that one, but since they discontinued the Laura and so many other favorites there wasn't a whole lot I wanted.

Contributor

My birthday was last Saturday and I order from VB online ALL.THE.TIME. Yet, I did not get a bday coupon Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/17/2014 pgdark19 said:

My birthday was last Saturday and I order from VB online ALL.THE.TIME. Yet, I did not get a bday coupon Smiley Sad

pgdark19, CALL THEM! I guarantee you they will give you a credit. Sometimes they need a reminder!

Respected Contributor

I don't remember if I got anything for my birthday this year or not, but they are making me laugh with all the email discount codes I get. Because I will make a purchase one day and then within 1 or 2 days I will get one of those "We Miss You, Come Back" emails. I guess it is good to always have a code on hand to use if needed but I just have to laugh at them.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/19/2014 Roni18 said:

I don't remember if I got anything for my birthday this year or not, but they are making me laugh with all the email discount codes I get. Because I will make a purchase one day and then within 1 or 2 days I will get one of those "We Miss You, Come Back" emails. I guess it is good to always have a code on hand to use if needed but I just have to laugh at them.

I know! I received those "We miss you" emails, sometimes a day after I place an order. There's obviously no rhyme or reason to that.

There are always discount codes around, but when they are, do you notice the prices of the items go up? 25% off full price is no bargain to me.

I need at least 60% off to make my purchase worthwhile. I'm never in a hurry so I just wait until those special flash sales on eBay come along, which have incredible sales.

They can't pull the wool over OUR eyes! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Contributor

On 10/18/2014 sunala said:
On 10/17/2014 pgdark19 said:

pgdark19, CALL THEM! I guarantee you they will give you a credit. Sometimes they need a reminder!

My birthday was the beginning of the month, and I had not received my usual birthday coupon. I went to the Vera Bradley website, and went to the 'contact us' section. I did get a reply, and they said they would send me my coupon. I did receive it last week!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West