Contributor

What style of VB handbag can you not get enough of?

I recently purchased my 3rd mailbag. So now I own it in Canterberry Cobalt, Julep Tulip, and Lola. Right now the mailbag is the only style that suits my needs perfectly. I loved the old style Saddle Up bag - recently purchased one in Suzani off of eBay.......wish VB would bring this one back Smiley Sad

Do you have a style that you keep going back to in different patterns?

Valued Contributor

Re: What style of VB handbag can you not get enough of?

For me, it is the "VERA" Tote, I have at least 8-9 of that style, it works for me cause I use it as a purse, lunch bag, shoe bag for work. I can put everything in ONE bag instead of looking like a "BAG" lady with several bags.

Respected Contributor

Used to be Villager - I have half a dozen of them. But I've recently discovered the Cargo Sling. It's big enough to hold everything and everything is easy to find. It has two outside flap pockets, 2 side slip pockets, and one huge zip pocket across the back. More pockets inside. I have it in Java Blue for Fall (my favorite all time pattern), Mediterranean White for Summer, and Yellow Bird - my black and gold bag for Pirates baseball. I just ordered one in Pinwheel Pink (breast cancer awareness bag.) I got them all on eBay. The Cargo Sling was discontinued for awhile. It's back on Vera's website but from what I've read it's not as great as the original - that's why I stick to eBay.

Contributor

Frannie- I have been looking at the Cargo Sling but it seems sooo BIG. I've owned a villager before and that's a great size bag. Do you find the Cargo Sling to be similar in size. I know when Liz Money was showing it on QVC it seemed to overwhelm her. I think she has said she's 5'. I'm 5'2"" and very petite.

Sunshine3215- The Vera is Vera Bradley's BEST tote!! Love it Smiley Happy LOL-- bag lady.

Respected Contributor

pgdark19, I'm a petite 5'1". I don't find it too big at all. I like it because it's an "east-west" type bag where Villager is "north-south." I carry too much in my bags and in the Villager I can never seem to find things. I don't have this problem with the Cargo Sling. Plus the Cargo Sling can be worn cross-body which I also love about it.

Super Contributor

I love the Vera Tote too ( I've been using it in Canterberry Magenta alot lately lol )...I also love the Frannie and have always had a soft spot for the Two Way Tote....I like the Sport Duffel as well...
Respected Contributor

I love Canterberry Magenta for Winter - I have a Villager - have to get it in the Cargo Sling.

Contributor

I love Canterberry Magenta!! I have it in the turn lock satchel. I carried last year over the holidays and plan to do the same this year.

Esteemed Contributor

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Vera Tote and the original Tote? They look to be the same size and both have that toggle closure. I think the Vera has an outside pocket and maybe an outside zipper. I don't think the Tote has a zipper or any pockets, inside or out. Not sure but they sure do look similar. Thanks!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Contributor

oooooppppssss.....I misread. Well anyway, my favorite design is midnight blue. Have another purse on the way. Can't get enough of it. I have it in several different styles and get compliments on it all the time. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}