Honored Contributor

Get Carried Away Tote - Great Travel Tote

I rec'd this today from the big weekend sale (60% off) at the VB.com site.

I can't believe how beautiful this tote is and I know I won't be needing to do a carryon suitcase any longer when I travel.

This bag would also make a great beach bag, overnight bag or anything you may want a larger tote for.

I also bought the weekender (60% off) and just love the style and size of this for quick trips.

I would check out VB.com when they are having a clearance sale (I signed up for their emails).

Great buys on retired patterns...just thought I'd share!

Super Contributor

Re: Get Carried Away Tote - Great Travel Tote

I am so tempted by this bag. I would use it as my daily "everything tote" - to stash my work out clothes, a few pairs of shoes, makeup, hair tools, styling products, some paperbacks, work stuff, my planner, lunch, water bottles, and the various odds and ends that I carry to get me through a long day. (Especially when I'm heading out for plans immediately after work.)

No, I don't haul this much around with me everywhere, lol! I typically stash my large tote in my office for the day and travel with a small wristlet when I'm out and about at work. I just like knowing that I have access to anything and everything if I should ever need it.

Honored Contributor

I have one too, in canterberry magenta and it's really nice. Love all the pockets inside and out. I also love the QVC includes the ditty bag, great place for wet bathing suits or dirty clothes.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I just got back from a trip and used this bag for the first time. No kidding. It held: week's worth undies, p.j.'s, jeans, three tops, two maxi's, sweater, boot socks, small purse, scarf and jacket! I used a matching VB bag for toiletries. Couldn't believe how much this bag held - - and I actually still had room for more.
Honored Contributor

Would this fit under an airplane seat? I have the travel duffel. I like to rest my feet on that when I travel! For those of you that have both, do they hold about the same amount?

Super Contributor

On 9/19/2014 beach-mom said:

Would this fit under an airplane seat? I have the travel duffel. I like to rest my feet on that when I travel! For those of you that have both, do they hold about the same amount?

No, I don't think so. It's pretty big. The Weekender is about the right size for UNDER a seat.
Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 benzgirl said:
On 9/19/2014 beach-mom said:

No, I don't think so. It's pretty big. The Weekender is about the right size for UNDER a seat.

Thanks benzgirl - I'll look into that one! Smile

Respected Contributor

I think the carried away tote is my favorite of Vera's travel bags. You can definitely get a bout a week's worth of clothes in it.

Super Contributor

I have this one in heather.. Gave one to my mom in the Canterbury magenta. Wonderful totes. She uses hers all the time.. It's made it nice to add on to her collection for her in this pattern
Esteemed Contributor

I have one in Poppy Fields that I've had for years but just haven't used yet. I guess I'm still saving it.

During the last big sale, I bought one in Venetian Paisley. So, now I have two I haven't used yet lol

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett