Honored Contributor

The original "handbag" is no more- what current bag do you think

Is most like the ORIGINAL? There are only a fewcolors left in the 100 Handbag too. Is there any other style similar in size and original design. Thanks so much for any ideas!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The original ""handbag"" is no more- what current bag do you think

On 9/18/2014 violann said: Is most like the ORIGINAL? There are only a fewcolors left in the 100 Handbag too. Is there any other style similar in size and original design. Thanks so much for any ideas!

violann! I have so many of the 100 handbags..been collecting since 1988..so upset they aren't making them anymore. I did purchase a Sherry handbag on Ebay tonight, that seems similar..the measurements are about the same. Its just a classic satchel, how COULD they stop making it? Hoping..they'll bring it back!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Thanks for responding! I need this for an elderly lady who carries a cane. I'll give the Sherry a look!
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/21/2014 violann said: Thanks for responding! I need this for an elderly lady who carries a cane. I'll give the Sherry a look!

I'm not sure its still available..can't seem to find it! There are some satchels, seems like they're a little larger than the handbag. Maybe you should call their website's customer service, they would know! Good Luck!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Is the 100 Handbag the first original Vera style? I don't think I've ever seen one.

Ladies, keep those older styles as long as you can. The newer bags are not being made nearly as well as the older ones.

I was looking through my new bags that I haven't used yet, and was disappointed to see that the pockets on the Glenna and the Carryall Crossbody are not padded and quilted, which makes them loose and floppy. I'm sure items you place in them are going to fall out. I also noticed that the interiors of those bags aren't quilted either. They're just fabric linings and are loose. That really stinks.

My favorite bags were the Large Betsy and the Villager. The entire bag was quilted, as well as the pockets. Everything stayed inside them nice and snug.

I'm slowly getting disillusioned by the "new and not improved" Vera, so I'm taking very good care of my older bags that have all the features I love.

It's really a shame that I came into Vera only two years ago. I would have loved those older bags with the features we need.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett