Honored Contributor

Ind., Ill, or any area from MI to TN ladies

If you have outlets in the vicinity of Ind., Ft. Wayne, Or somewhere in ILL or heading down from MI to TN, I wonder if any old patterns are sold at any of the stores you shop at. I've seen some on line at EBay and just wondered if older patterns are anyway to be located?

thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: Ind., Ill, or any area from MI to TN ladies

Yes! I often find retired patterns in my TN store. There is an outlet at the Opry Mills Mall in Nashville that I have shopped many times. That's where I completed my Camellia pattern. One time I purchased a baby bag in Camellia that I seeked out specifically for toiletry items when I travel - - because the entire bag is lined.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, what's a little side trip for a Vera bag right? LOL, Thanks a lot! So noted.

Honored Contributor

I think there is one at the outlet center in Pigeon Forge, TN also.

Honored Contributor

Oh cool, we're closer to that area when we visit in Gatlinburg. I'll check there too loves!!Thanks!

Super Contributor

On 7/18/2014 qualitygal said:

Thank you, what's a little side trip for a Vera bag right? LOL, Thanks a lot! So noted.

Any time, qualitygal. That's what Vera fans do for each other. Smiley Wink
Super Contributor

On 7/18/2014 lovesrecess said:

I will have to check that out! We will be in Pigeon Forge in September. (We LOVE visiting the Smoky Mountains). In fact, love the area so much we might be interesting in retiring there!
Super Contributor

There's a VB outlet store in Chesterfield, MO (St. Louis area). On the VB website there's a list of the outlet stores. Maybe you can get to more than one. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I hope you have fun, and have safe travels.

Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 benzgirl said:
On 7/18/2014 lovesrecess said:

I will have to check that out! We will be in Pigeon Forge in September. (We LOVE visiting the Smoky Mountains). In fact, love the area so much we might be interesting in retiring there!

DH's extended family spent Christmas there one year - it was freezing cold and snowed every day. We had rented a log house on a mountain top because we were going to have our dog with us - and this place allowed dogs. OMG - rustic does not begin to describe it. At least it did have an indoor toilet but the bathtub was an antique tin one in the middle of the bedroom floor. There was no furnace - we had to keep the fireplace going 24 hours a day. We thought it was nice when we arrived and the fire was roaring - then we figured out why. So whenever we left to go see the sights or spend time with his family we had to call the owners and tell them we were leaving so they could keep the fire going or the pipes would freeze. We didn't cook but the stove was also a wood burner - we just ate sandwiches or cereal or ate out. Thank goodness we were only there 3 days. The dog enjoyed it a lot though, she chased everything from hawks to foxes. We were so far up on a mountaintop that the hawks were sitting in the trees right off the deck.

Honored Contributor

At the Vera Bradley outlet store in Aurora, Ill., you find patterns that are maybe one to two years old. They go fast! It's an elbow-to-elbow situation when you're there! Not sure if this store is too far off your path, but I thought I would tell you about it.