Contributor

Hi,

I received a call from the local Vera Bradley boutique wishing me a happy birthday and inviting me to an in-store party before regular hours with refreshments and a "birthday gift". Has anyone done this and do they know what gift might be (coupon or actual item)? The store is kind of a hike for me and would take some arranging for me to make the trip so even though you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth I'm trying to see if it is worth it for me to go. Thanks everyone for reading and for any insight you can offer.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Birthday promotion question

Sounds a little fishy to me. I would call the boutique and make sure it was them before you head over. Are you sure it was them? I've never heard of this kind of promo, but I probably don't live in the same state as you (NJ). I've gotten the $20 coupons for my birthday and it was definitely worth it. I know verabradley.com has names, locations, and phone numbers for its Vera Bradley locations too. If it's valid, I think it would be worth it. Good luck! ~Joanne

Contributor

Re: Birthday promotion question

Well curiosity got the better of me so I made the trip to the store. Thought I'd share for anyone who may get a similar call/invitation. They gave small gift bags.....mine included a coin purse, nail file, and key ring. They also had a raffle with four or five smaller prize packages and a Vera tote as the grand prize. The event was held for one hour before the actual opening of the store and they allowed you to shop the current sales during that time (I don't think there were any special sales for the event beyond people using the birthday card coupons they had received in the mail.)