Super Contributor

What do you do with your old VB bags?

I have a good sized collection of VB bags. I often share them with family. I have too many stored though and need to downsize. I often donate handbags that I'm not using, but for some reason I can't seem to let go of the Veras. I was just wondering, what do you do with your VB bags that don't seem to be getting used anymore? Do you donate, re-sell, store them? I need some inspiration. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

Re: What do you do with your old VB bags?

My first reaction is that given we are discussing cloth bags, once used I don't see them as having any resale value. If you have any luggage pieces, that might be the exception.

I'd donate to my church flea market or the Salvation Army.

Super Contributor

Hi, Irishrose. Thank you for your input. There are lots of them for sale on Ebay. I've always been more inclined to donate though.

Frequent Contributor

Donate {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And I still have too many {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I have purchased more than several as gifts for family, mostly totes and travel bags. Always very well received and used. Among the most appreciated gifts given.

Honored Contributor

I don't have too many of these and they're pretty new so I'm not in those shoes yet.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Edit by me to include: I'm thinking more lately, to be donating to women's shelters. It sure seems to make more sense to me than Goodwill. I've donated enough there. LOL. I think I'll do the newest idea.

Esteemed Contributor

I have maybe 30 or so..they're all in good shape so I keep them and use them. They're my babies and NO way would I give them away..love them all!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Frequent Contributor

I have both given them away to younger nieces, as well as resold them at a local store that buys well-kept, used items. I didn't get much money, but they also weren't taking up space anymore.

I donate almost all other clothing from our family (and lots of household items as well), so I didn't mind not doing that with these particular items.

Super Contributor

Rigjt now I have a 12 yr old grand niece who is wild for VB so she gets my leftovers. When she is over this phase I will donate them to Goodwill.

Honored Contributor

I sell them at my sister's yearly summer garage sale. We hang them where people can see them and the ladies are so happy to get a great deal, which makes me happy! Those colorful bags can stop traffic! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I do not over buy so I use mine until they are worn out. They go into the trash by the time I'm done with them.

I do know ladies who only carry the current fabric patterns and they do have large collections of bags they will never again use because they are past season patterns - me -I am still using my blue java bag, my yellow bird and and a turquoise and black duffel from Lemon Hill when QVC had them.