Super Contributor

airline travel recommendation

I am traveling by plane this week. Which fits better as a carry on bag? I don't want to check luggage. The Weekender or the Large Duffel? Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: airline travel recommendation

I have used my large duffle as a carry on and it works fine

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I fit alot more in a duffle.

Super Contributor

Check with your airline. Some airlines are beginning to limit the size of the carry on. When I flew in March it was pretty much the old standards but airlines now are shrinking the sizes. I don't know when it goes into effect but it is a way of charging for carry on that never used to be. Better safe than sorry. My carry on is 8"" x 14"" x 21"" and still is under limits. I hear my airline is changing from 9"" to 8""

Respected Contributor

On 6/15/2014 nagrom said:

Check with your airline. Some airlines are beginning to limit the size of the carry on. When I flew in March it was pretty much the old standards but airlines now are shrinking the sizes. I don't know when it goes into effect but it is a way of charging for carry on that never used to be. Better safe than sorry. My carry on is 8" x 14" x 21" and still is under limits. I hear my airline is changing from 9" to 8"

NAGROM is RIGHT! Heard from a friend that their bag was SUDDDENLY oversized and had to be checked and paid for before boarding. 21" or 22", 9" thick, 14" wide.

I was QUITE lucky because I had recently bought a PacSafe carryon to replace several that seemed to have trouble on recent trips. It even looks small and it holds a fair amount due to a drawstring liner that lets you compress your clothing and straps on the outside that compress the bag. I can't recommend it highly enough. And it is easy to lift up and slip into the overhead due to the shape.

Super Contributor

I'm going to stick with the weekender. Just to be safe. I bought the tiny bottles and transferred liquids earlier today. Almost done with laundry. Switched purses. Need to finish packing medication and snacks. Then, I'm good.