Super Contributor

Can the "LAURA" be used for an everyday bag?

What can you tell me about the LAURA bag? I've been very tempted since its on sale right now. Can this be used as an everyday handbag or is it more like a tote?

Contributor

Re: Can the ""LAURA"" be used for an everyday bag?

The Laura is my favorite everyday bag. I'm sad it is being retired. It is just the right size and has the right amount of organization for everyday use IMHO. Holds all the everyday necessities.

I have approximately 14 Lauras.

I would say it is not like a tote but more of a mid to large purse because of the cinching. It would hold an ipad, I think; have not tried this, would it snap closed?

The Tote is a great everyday bag also (toggle closure). Not as much style as the Laura.

My new fav is the Mailbag. Doesn't quite hold all everyday stuff, but I love crossbody option. I ordered the Tic Tac tote but haven't seen or tried it yet. The Pleated Tote is great everyday option, but it is big.

Super Contributor

I agree with everything BEslotlady said about the Laura. I find it to be a great everyday bag.

Esteemed Contributor

The Laura is such a feminine bag with that cinching. I actually never had one, but one day I saw a woman carrying it and I suddenly loved it. I bought it in Very Berry Paisley, because that's what she was carrying and it looked so pretty. Not only that, I bought a matching wallet lol

The only negative I can give it is that it doesn't have a zipper. I much prefer zippers for security, but I'll just have to be careful.

I may buy another one if the price goes down and I have a coupon. I'm also going to be heading to the outlets soon, and I'll see what I can find.

There's no end to my Vera obsession!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

Perfect everyday bag, love the size - not too big and not too small!