Valued Contributor

Please, Vera Bradley, Could You Come Out With More Subdued Patterns?

I like the ones from the 1990's. Why do all your patterns have to look like a garden just exploded?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Please, Vera Bradley, Could You Come Out With More Subdued Patterns?

I agree with you.

I'm new to VB, because it's just lately that I really want a lighter weight bag. I was looking at the VB website, and couldn't find very many patterns that I found appealing. Then I went into the "retired" section of prints and saw many more pretty ones. Of course, they're not available anymore.

The new, more "abstract" prints seem to be what's considered modern now, and I'm not knocking them, if that's what you like. But I wish they're were more subtle alternatives, for those of us who just prefer something smaller in scale.

Honored Contributor

I so agree! In the last few years so many have been garish. I love Tutti Fruitti, but few of the others. Why no pretty soft yellows? Remember the old Katherine and Elizabeth?

Honored Contributor

I agree, I wish they would expand the line to include more choices in solids as well as lighter patterns. I do have two of their bags and I like them, but they are very bright.

Honored Contributor

WOW what a difference 10, 20, 30 yrs can make! I do have to say, though, the bitty prints of yesteryear makes your handbag look like a baby bag...IMO. I like the animal prints...Hens & Holly. Cute!

http://www.verabradley.com/content/content.jsp?pageName=retiredcolors

Honored Contributor

I think the bags look nice with solid clothing. Let's say it's a flowered design with purple flowers. Some white or tan pants with a purple shirt and a VB bag would look very nice. The denim looks are the ones I favor the most for carrying when wearing jeans.

Contributor

go our to Amazon.com and look up Bella Taylor Purses....they look almost exactly like Vera Bradley, are well made and they have lots of different designs at a much cheaper price. I've bought several purses and they are really nice.

Super Contributor

I never even knew they made solid bags until I saw a recent ad in In Style magazine. It was black, I like it. Might buy one of those one day.
Super Contributor

totally agreed with u ..

Contributor

Also, could you please make them in the USA, instead of China?