Esteemed Contributor

Do you think VB has lost its popularity?

I noticed they were giving away 20% and 50% coupons yesterday..they are retiring many of the popular bags..many of the new patterns are awful, IMO..! My friends grandaughters have stopped buying them and moved on to other designer bags. I just wonder if VB is losing its popularity. It is with me..missing the lovely french provence patterns that made VB famous. Enough of the Mod electric colors! Anyone else feel the same?? Also, the prices are outrageous for cotton bags, IMO~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you think VB has lost its popularity?

They just gained a new fan, here.{#emotions_dlg.blush} I'll admit they are pricey. Unfortunately many of the handbags that I love, are. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Wish I had scored a 50% off coupon. Mine was only 20%- but is tempting me to make a purchase. I don't have a store in my area. For my budget, that may be a "good thing." {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

I do not know. Vera Bradley is very popular at my local college campus. I like some of the patterns but not others, this has always been true for me.

I only have one Vera Bradley bag and I love it {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Frequent Contributor

I have never understood the popularity of these bags, they are cloth and they would get dirty very easily. I have never liked any of the prints or styles. So I scratch my head over this trend.
Honored Contributor

They are extremely popular in beach communities too.

IMO, they are definitely seasonal. I would not carry a cotton quilted bag in the winter.

Honored Contributor

And I'm just starting to get interested in them!! I put one of the crossbody bags in my ""wish list."" I've given up buying anything for Lent and will check it out again after Easter. My favorite bags are LeSportsac and the VBs are about the same price although for cotton rather than microfiber. I do like some of the patterns tho.

Occasional Contributor

On 3/22/2014 SAM OHIO said: I have never understood the popularity of these bags, they are cloth and they would get dirty very easily. I have never liked any of the prints or styles. So I scratch my head over this trend.

I live in South FL and Vera Bradley bags are popular here. Whenever we go to Disney World I always see a LOT of Vera Bradley bags.

I don't really like them for a purse because I wear a lot of print tops and I don't like to also have a print bag, but I have a Vera Bradley large travel tote that I use for my carry on bag and I love it. I also have a VB lunch bag.

Because they are cloth, they are easy to wash if they get dirty.

Regular Contributor

I first saw a Vera display at a store at the beach years ago. But in all this time I have never found a pattern I felt I really, really loved. I don't like flower prints and I don't really like paisley very much. But yesterday I finally found my pattern! I adore Fanfare and bought my first two pieces!

Trusted Contributor

They've always been to 'busy' with their patterns. One would have to always wear only solid clothes, or they would clash. They just look like diaper bags. I've never seen anyone carry one for anything but a diaper bag.

Valued Contributor

I love my Vera's and won't use anything else but it has to be the cross body they just brought back yippee.