Valued Contributor

RECEIVED VERA BRADLEY T SHIRTS TODAY...REVIEW

I received the Vera Bradley T shirts I ordered from UNIQLO. Here is my review and I'm going to try and be very detailed. I will also post pictures of the items below.

Shipment - When you order 50.00 or more shipping is free. I ordered on Sunday and I received it today, Tuesday in Maryland.

COLORS: I ordered 4 - two T shirts and two Tunics. The T shirt is short sleeve about 2 inches from your shoulder down your upper arm. The tunic is slightly A line and gets wider at the bottom but it is not obviously A line. The prints look EXACTLY like the purses. The colors are VIBRANT and their is a print in the front and back of the tunics and tops.

FIT: I am a QVC XL or 1X, I am going to be detailed in the fit department to help you if you are interested in ordered. I am not full busted and I do not have a large stomach. But I am full in the arms and I am a large size person. If I am ordered a QVC t shirt I order an XL if I am ordering a tunic (which falls over the hips I NEED A 1X). I am pear shaped; which is a person with small top and big lower half.

The XL t-shirt fit me but I would say the largest the XL could fit is a QVC XL or a small 1X. If you love VB and are a true 1X, you can order but don't be accept that you might have to return the top...unless you create slips at the hem on both sides which will make the top larger.

The TUNIC, I was pleasantly surprised, I DID NOT EXPECT this to fit over my hips. I does fit but and the fabric is a bit stretchy. I would say, if you are over a size 20 pants this may not fit. The length of the tunic is about 31 inches and covers the hips and behind and can be worn over leggings. If you are a large QVC size, you could order the XL to wear over leggings. For me, I will try it on over jeans to determine if I Need to have slips put in at the bottom, right now I don't think I will need to do that.

FINAL REVIEW - I am VERY VERY PLEASED with both items. I went back tonight and ordered two more. I will post pictures of the items in a few minutes.

Valued Contributor

Re: RECEIVED VERA BRADLEY T SHIRTS TODAY...REVIEW

Here are pictures of the tshirts - for some reason, I don't know how to turn the picture around, I know this is RIDICULOUS but please turn your computer to the side.

http://tinypic.com/r/10x6928/8

http://tinypic.com/r/2ag5f28/8

Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor
Super Contributor

Thanks for the detailed review, sunshine. I'm glad to hear that you're pleased with your purchases. Those shirts and tunics are adorable! Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

very pretty.....

Valued Contributor

I realize my review might not have helped those who are not plus size. SO, please order your normal size. If you order a small and are a 2-6 then order small, medium or large order those sizes.

IF your size is sold out in the t-shirt, you might not have as much flexibility as those who order the tunic, (WHY) because the tunic is A Lined and sleeveless. SO you don't' have to worry about your arms being too tight and the A line is a little more full.

I you like VB I recommend that you order, and at least try it on and KNOW...okay this fits or it does not fit. This item will be a CLASSIC and I doubt you will find it again. For the tunic, if it is a little tight around the hips, go to the drycleaner or a seamstress and get hem slits put in and the tunic will be looser. When I get hem slits added I make them about 2 inches long so it will make a difference in the fullness at the bottom. Also the tunic is long enough to wear over leggings.

Well, I hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

On the Vera Facebook page, lots of women are really annoyed that these tops don't come in larger sizes.

They're also begging for these patterns in scrubs, which I think is a really nice idea. Nice and cheery!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I bet women are upset. Vera didn't do the robes in a larger size either. I imagine lots of lost sales. The shirts are really cute.

Valued Contributor

I will say this....the average American woman is a size 14. That is a KNOWN fact. And VB did more than many designers. The robes fit up to a size 22, my hips are a good SIZE 20 and the robes fit me with ROOM to spare.

That is why I always tell people, order for YOURSELF....don't assume. If you want an item order and see for your self, try it on and see 1) can a seamstrees make changes, 2) can I have hem slits added. 3) or will it just NOT WORK.

The T shirts fit up to a size 18 (maybe 20 if you don't have a big stomach) and the tunics fit up to a size 20-22 because it is A line and sleeveless. Also a 22 -24 could order the tunic and wear it inside a shirt as a layering tank...or even an Isaac sweater. People have to think outside of the box. If a tank is sort of "small" if you have a shirt that fits over the top, you still see the nice VB print. Or eve a size 24 could add hem slits and wear the tunic because it is long as a pajama top with pajama capris from Carol Hochman. DO you see what I'm trying to show you. think outside the box.

I understand VB did not make the tops up to a size 28 but what designers outside of QVC are making all the larger sizes. I'm going to tell everyone ORDER it for YOURSELF, then you can make an informed decision.

I honestly did not think the robes would fit me, but I said ORDER ONE and at least see for yourself. I did not think the T shirts would fit me...but once again, I have to see for myself and not take the word of people online.