Honored Contributor

New to VB line - suggestions please

I've recently shopped VB and now am wanting to possibly replace my Coach (for summer) with a bag from VB. I travel a lot and friends tell me they are "roomy'. The bag I now carry is basically like the CAROLINE from VB. In the store they did not have this bag, I was able to try the Glenna (which is a little larger for me) and the Mandy Tote.

I'm not one who likes things to fall to the bottom of my bag where I have to search - any suggestions. For those who have her products, I was thinking of getting the matching pieces for the print - do you find it hard to locate items in your bag when they all match?

Thank you - suggestions welcomed for a great handbag that can travel and daily use. (I got hooked when I bought the grand weekender off the sale rack).

Respected Contributor

Re: New to VB line - suggestions please

If you go to VB's website her items have tons of reviews that may be helpful to you. I have several VB's and really like them.

I'm sure other ladies can recommend also, as you requested.

Enjoy your new bag when you decide which one.

Trusted Contributor

I own lots of VB and even though it's nice to match I find it's easier to slide wallets and smaller items in and out of my large bag if the fabrics are made of different materials. For example, if you get a VB Signature bag (cotton) then I recommend a coordinating VB microfiber wallet and other items. They now have several colors and patterns in microfiber and vinyl accessories. Of course you can also use a leather wallet from a different manufacturer Smiley Wink Or if you get a large microfiber bag you can use a cotton wallet, vinyl cosmetic bag, etc. I love large bags but like to organize with small cosmetic bags, change purses, etc. they are easier to find if they are different fabrics and/or shapes and sizes. If too many of the items are the VB Signature cotton fabric, they are rather hard to pull out of the bag individually. Hope that helps Smiley Happy
KJPA
Trusted Contributor

Forgot to mention that the Hipster is great for travel if you don't need a large bag. It's a crossbody that's really good for airports, sightseeing, shopping,... Smiley Wink If I fly I use a Vera tote, the laptop backpack (VB) and the hipster. I put the hipster in the Vera at the last minute so it doesn't count as one of my carry-ons Smiley Wink And it's then handy when I get to my destination.
KJPA
Occasional Contributor

I have a few favorites. The Little Mandy is my all time favorite. Also like the hipster and also the saddle hipster. I don't like a big bag so these are perfect. ALERT! Vera Bradley online has free shopping right now and you can use this code for an additional discount. MC0321A32376037
Trusted Contributor

I must warn you, they are addictive. I just bought my first one and matching wallet. Thought that would be it.

Well, I have two more on the way and trying to convince myself not to hit the submit order button for more. lol!{#emotions_dlg.blush} I can't just let a coupon go to waste, can I ?{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

I strongly urge you to visit the Vera Bradley website to get a better look at more styles. Most of the VB bags are designed with lots of organization features inside. The Hipster and Mini Hipster are my favorites. If you like totes, the VB totes offer plenty of organization, but I usually slip a mini hipster into mine.

Honored Contributor

I visited an outlet store today and geez....it was overwhelming from the bold bright patterns to the products to choose from!

I ended up getting a mandy tote it was a good buy for me I'll have to get used to the bright color (Lillibell pattern).

I also had a $20 off $75 so I was able to pick up some very nice gifts for a few friends who love to cook ~ they had the cutest tin cans with nice aprons inside for $13.00, a couple of cosmetic bags and a small tote (I think its called Small Mandy purse size).

And then of course, came back to my "old self" and headed over to Coach and purchased a tote and another nice hobo bag, wallet.

Now, I'm shopped out!!! Thank you ladies this VB can get addicting!! Love the travel pieces especially the weekender tote I got on sale in a regular VB store in Marina Paisley which I have used to death!

Happy Spring and weekend everyone!

Honored Contributor

I use an organizer that I got years ago on the Q so I could lift it out with all my stuff in it, in purses that needed it. I think Lori Granier still sell something like it on the Q, you can check. I like the ones I have. I still use them too.

I too am new to the VB bags and love them. I think they have great organization so far. Had to get that huge bag for day trips (in case we shop) and overnighters. I think this will be great and I'm thinking of ways to use it when not traveling. I'm sure I'll come up with something. I love organization.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/21/2014 homedecor1 said:

I visited an outlet store today and geez....it was overwhelming from the bold bright patterns to the products to choose from!

I ended up getting a mandy tote it was a good buy for me I'll have to get used to the bright color (Lillibell pattern).

I also had a $20 off $75 so I was able to pick up some very nice gifts for a few friends who love to cook ~ they had the cutest tin cans with nice aprons inside for $13.00, a couple of cosmetic bags and a small tote (I think its called Small Mandy purse size).

And then of course, came back to my "old self" and headed over to Coach and purchased a tote and another nice hobo bag, wallet.

Now, I'm shopped out!!! Thank you ladies this VB can get addicting!! Love the travel pieces especially the weekender tote I got on sale in a regular VB store in Marina Paisley which I have used to death!

Happy Spring and weekend everyone!

Wow !! What a haul !!! Congrats to you !!

Enjoy and Happy Spring to you !{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad