Contributor

Does anyone own this retired style? What do you think of it? I've been eyeing it on eBay - love the big pockets on the side and the size of it. Not sure what I think of the straps though.......would love to hear everyone's thoughts Smiley Happy

Contributor

I had this style a few years ago but have since sold it. It's a decent size and the side pockets come in handy. I used to put my daughter's sippy cups in there for easy access although, if there was a lot in the main compartment it made the side pockets harder to put things in. And also the pockets kind of taper in as they get closer to the bottom of the bag, I hope you understand what I mean. Maybe sloped in is a better way to describe it. Depending on what you plan on using it for that my not be a problem for you. The handles are a harder than normal material than what the normal straps are like. They definatly aren't as comfortable as the normal ones are and the do stick up all the time, they don't soften and lay down. It wasn't one of my favorites but it wasn't one that I hated either. On the up side, you can fit a lot in this bag and it's shape makes it sturdier than some other ones that tend to smoosh and soften. Hope I helped!

Contributor

Oh yes I see what you are saying about the pockets. I was hoping they went to the decorative border running down the middle but looking at the pictures closer, it looks like they only go to the first seam and then taper to like a point right? I'm wondering if I can fit an iPhone 5 in them? I usually only keep my keys and iPhone in an outside pocket......